Brrrrrrr, it sure is a chilly one, Victoria.
Enjoy your snow day and avoid the cold with plenty of fun activities that’ll suit everyone’s interests.
From holiday Christmas movies to sassy drag shows, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria on Tuesday, December 20th:
The Polar Express 3D IMAX
Tom Hanks and director Robert Zemeckis reunite for The Polar Express, an inspiring adventure based on the beloved children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg. When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.
On Tuesday, December 20th The Polar Express will be playing at 5:15 p.m.
- When: Select days starting December 17th to December 31st
- Where: IMAX in downtown Victoria, 675 Belleville Street
“The Best in Show” Drag Performances
This week Vivian Vanderpuss and The Ghost of Judith will take the stage at The Vicious Poodles weekly drag show!
Those in attendance should be prepared for a few exciting special guests!
- Where: The Vicious Poodle, 726 Johnson Street
- When: Tuesday, December 20th, 8 p.m.
Avatar: The Way of Water
13 years since Avatar was first released, the long-awaited sequel is finally here!
Jake Sully and Neytiri have formed a family and are doing everything to stay together. However, they must leave their home and explore the regions of Pandora. When an ancient threat resurfaces, Jake must fight a difficult war against the humans.
- Cineplex Odeon, 780 Yates Avenue
- Capitol 6 Theatres, 805 Yates Street
- SilverCity, 3130 Tillicum Road
- Westshore Cinema, 2945 Jacklin Road
- When: Tuesday, December 20th at the following times
- Cineplex Odeon: 3:10 p.m., 7:30 p.m.
- Capitol 6 Theatres: 12 p.m., 2:15 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m.
- SilverCity: 12:45 p.m., 5 p.m., 9:15 p.m.
- Westshore Cinemas: 12:30 p.m., 6:20 p.m.
IQ 2000 Trivia at Felicita’s Pub
IQ 2000 Trivia is one of the funniest quiz nights in Victoria!! Round up some friends to prove your intellectual excellence, mental mettle, and cerebral superiority!!
- Where: Felicita’s Pub, 3800 Finnerty Road
- When: Tuesday, December 20th, 7p.m.
The Butchart Garden’s Magic of Christmas
Bundle up and stroll through the Twelve Days of Christmas display, sing along to the sounds of the season with Traditional Carollers or listen to the Festive Brass, then stop in at the Coffee Shop to warm up with a hot chocolate and gingerbread by the fire.
- Where: The Butchart Gardens,
- When: December 1st to December 31st, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.