What a week it’s been!
Every once in a while you make your way through a week where everything really seems to go awry. In times like these, you need to turn things around, flip the script and make a special little treat for yourself.
I am no baker, nor would I ever want to be. I have done it before and the 2 a.m. wake up time to start your bake and fry 100 artisan donuts knowing the next day it’ll be the same thing… not for me.
I also don’t like when I have to follow a recipe. I am a cook by nature in that I want to experiment and mess around with a recipe, but alas, there is no room for trial and error in most baking.
Once though, I did manage to mess around with a cookie recipe to the point where I found the perfect textured snickerdoodle through the magic of brown butter.
Here is the recipe:
- Cookie dough:
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Coating mix:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cookie dough:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- In a small bowl, mix the coating sugar and cinnamon and set aside to roll the dough in once complete.
- Put butter in a saucepan on medium heat until melted, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Once lightly browned, take off heat and set aside to cool a bit.
- Add vanilla to brown butter once complete and incorporate.
- In a large mixing bowl, add brown sugar, white sugar and brown butter and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar and butter mixture while mixing until a dough is formed.
- Make golf ball sized dough balls and roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture you set aside earlier.
- Place evenly on a baking sheet with parchment paper that has been coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- Cool for five minutes then eat all 20 of them!
- Or share with friends, family and loved ones.
This recipe is super easy and so, so tasty. Please share and enjoy.