WIN (Women In Need) Resale Shops is opening a brand new location in Saanich.
This will be their fourth storefront location, with the other three being located in Victoria. The new location will be in Saanich Centre on the corner of Quadra Street and McKenzie Avenue.
This WIN Shop will focus on carrying high quality fashion for all genders, including shoes and accessories and it opened its doors to the public on December 3rd.
The other three WIN locations specialize in different types of essentials.
Their Home Shop on Cook Street has furniture and home decor, beside the Home Shop they have a Resale Shop location that has a wide range of clothing and accessories.
In addition, the non-profit have a boutique shop in Vic West at their Westside location with a little mix of everything including childrens clothes and toys and they have a shop on Pandora that has a wide array of clothes, household items and entertainment.
Like all WIN Shops, the new Saanich storefront will be open seven days a week.
“We are so thrilled to be opening this weekend,” exclaimed Clare Yazganoglu, WIN’s Executive Director.
“This new shop joins our other locations in being a crucial part of how we provide our five empowerment programs in the community.”
WIN is a non-profit that operates their four resale storefronts, a pop-up location and an online store in order to fund their several women’s empowerment programs and fund their non-profit.
They provide women, trans, non-binary and Two Spirit people with crisis, financial, wellness and self-sufficiency supports.
Each year WIN is able to support over 2,000 community members through their programming.
Their five programs are:
- Crisis and Referral program: provides program participants with access to immediate needs, such as emergency funding, food gift certificates or gift cards for their resale locations.
- Gift Card program: provides access to WIN gift cards for their 4 resale locations so participants can get clothes, shoes, seasonal goods and household items. By using these gift cards, participants have a level of discretion and anonymity while shopping in the stores.
- New Start program: helps those who are leaving transitional housing and crisis situations, often fleeing violence. This program provides participants with essentials such as furniture, bedding and kitchenwares.
- Self-Sufficiency program: this helps participants gain a sense of self-sufficiency in their lives in unique ways meant to help them on their individual journeys. WIN achieves this by providing access to courses, training, education and development initiatives.
- Transformative program: helps participants to achieve growth through communication, recognizing and changing behaviour patterns, fostering positive relationships, setting boundaries and learning to take on more responsibility.
— Victoria Women In Need (WIN Co-op) (@WINResaleShops) February 10, 2022
WIN has been serving women, trans, non-binary and Two Spirit people for over 15 years and have become an essential non-profit for the people of Greater Victoria through their empowerment work.