C’mon, we’re Canadian!
Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a good patio beer!
Whether you’re in town visiting or just missing what life was like on a sunny summer day in Victoria, bring a friend or a group and enjoy a brew at one of these cozy patios serving delicious meals and classy drinks!
10 Acres is the original cool-weather patio. This fully enclosed terrace is the perfect place to grab a bite or sip an after dinner drink.
- Where: 611 Courtenay Street
- Monday to Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Serving a magical dining experience like no other, Lure Restaurant & Bar serves offers guests a charming winterized patio set up formally known as “WinterLURE”
Offering views of Victoria’s Inner Harbour from a cozy, private dining dome, these heated outdoor patios are a perfect dining option throughout all weather conditions.
- Where: Lure Restaurant, 100 Harbour Road
- When: Monday to Sunday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
We couldn’t put together a list like this without mentioning the joy we all get sipping on a local Whistle Buoy brew under this iconic outdoor patio.
With charming lights overhead and plenty of heaters, this cozy spot is the perfect place to grab a beer and catch up with friends or family.
- Where: Market Square (Lower Courtyard, 560 Johnson Street)
- Monday to Sunday, 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Saturday, 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
The Fireside Grill offers guests three separate patios, two of which are fully covered and ready for rain, hail, wind or even snow.
Dine fireside under twinkling lights and charming lanterns while you enjoy delicious, locally inspired farm-to-table dishes.
- Where: Fireside Grill, 4509 West Saanich Road
- Monday to Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If you have time to spare on the weekend take a stoll down Trounce Alley where you’ll find delicious Latin Cusine served at the Tapa Bar’s very own heated patio.
- Where: 620 Trounce Alley
- Sunday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
For those living around or commuting through Victoria’s downtown core, take a moment and cozy up on Bodega’s patio where you’ll enjoy flowing tapas, pintxos and sherry as you indulge inSpanish cuisine.
- Where: 1210 Broad Street
- Sunday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday to Saturday, 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
At the Marriott Hotel, you’ll find the lavish Fire + Water Restaurant that is home to a street-level patio in downtown Victoria.
Indulge in their mouth watering menu and classycocktails.
- Where: 728 Humboldt Street
- When: Monday to Sunday,
- 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Since the winter of 1991, Ferris’ Downstairs Grill and Garden Patio has been a cozy space where guests know they can come to find great food.
Over the years, the all-weather atrium, high ceilings, brick walls, and wooden floors have elevated Ferris’ reputation for locals and tourists who want good quality, well priced meals in a comfortable place.
- Where: 536 Yates Street
- Sunday to Thursday, 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday to Saturday, 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Immerse yourself in the heart of downtown on The Bard & Banker’s Government Street Patio.
With umbrellas and heaters, you can enjoy hearty food and ale in a comfortable environment.
- Where: 1022 Government Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
With one of the largest selections of craft beer options in the city, The Drake Eatery is a must-stop when it comes to local eateries.
Offering a concise menu produced from quality local suppliers, Drake Eatery offers dine in at their restaurant or through their spacious, covered patio, equipped with umbrellas in Victoria’s historic Market Square.
- Where: 517 Pandora Avenue
- When: Monday to Sunday, 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Storm watchers rejoice!
At the Breakwater Café guests can expect cozy eats and tasty drinks with breathtaking views of waves crashing against the coastline of Ogden Point.
- Where: 199 Dallas Road
- Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.