It’s the first full weekend of the new year!
This is a cause for a celebration and we have just the right events for you.
From comedy nights to live country music here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria this Friday, January 6th:
This event is free for all job seekers! Interview with 40+ companies in just three hours.
- Where: Victoria Virtual Job Fair hosted online
- When: Friday, January 6th, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Join Allison de Groot and Tatiana Hargreaves as they draw artistic inspiration and power from the sources of meaning in their lives.
History, family, literature, live performance, and environmental instability all manifest in the sounds, feelings, and sensations that permeate their music.
- Where: Vinyl Envy, 1717 Quadra Street
- When: Friday, January 6th, 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Joe Gatto, a well-known comedian, actor, and producer, is best known for the hit TV shows “Impractical Jokers” and “The Misery Index.”
Joe is a co-host of the “Two Cool Moms” Podcast and has also appeared on hit podcasts including This Past Weekend with Theo Von, What A Joke with Papa and Fortune and Life is Short with Justin Long.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- When: Friday, January 6th, 7 p.m.
The happiest Happy Hour is back!
Join the Dandy Lion Coffee shop for performances from musicians/poets.
At the end of the hour, the floor opens up to an open mic for anyone with a talent to share.
The Dandy Lion has a range of different teas, coffees, food options and incredible specials on local beer, wine, cider, kombucha, hi-balls and cocktails!
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Friday, January 6th, 4 p.m.
Kick off the weekend with a bang with Backcountry Fridays at The Duke Saloon. You’re invited to enjoy incredible live music, great drink specials, and the best staff in town!
- Where: The Duke Saloon, 502 Discovery Street
- When: Friday, January 6th, 9 p.m.