Let it soak in, Thursday is here!
With one more day to go before we kick off the end of the work week, it’s time to get ready for an eventful weekend with a few local events.
From burlesque bake offs to good jokes over bevys here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria this Thursday, January 12th:
After a 3 year hiatus from public performances, FKSS’s musical theatre program brings the Addams Family to life in a musical romp full of foibles, foils, and fools. A group of over 80 FKSS students have been working all semester to create an engaging and exciting show for you.
- Where: Frances Kelsey Secondary School, 953 Shawnigan Lake
- When: Thursday, January 12th, 7 p.m.
Fatale Production Presents: Food-To-Go-Go
Forget thirst traps we’ve moved beyond that – come join in the fun at the burlesque bake off and see your favourite diners, drive-ins and divas in a different kind of hunger games that will leave you wondering… is it cake?
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Thursday, January 12th, 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
The first two in-person sessions will kick off phase one at the museum this Thursday, January 12th.
A community engagement plan is being rolled out this week through the Royal BC Museum (RBCM) to allow the public a say in the future of the facility.
The multi-year, province wide engagement plan will aim to collect feedback from British Columbians regarding the future of the museum.
- Where: The Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
- When: Thursday, January 12th, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Ile Sauvage Brewing is hosting another killer lineup of comedians this month!
Thursday’s show will feature the likes of Spencer Reid, Elyott Ryan, Brian Newham, Devan Joshi, Morgan Cranny, Lucia Ribeio and Adriaan Kriel.
Your host this month is the one and only Max Bank-Jaffe.
- Where: Ile Sauvage Brewing Co, 2960 Bridge Street
- When: Thursday, January 12th, 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
This night will be brought to you by the musical stylings of DJ 6’6. It will be primarily Punjabi/Bhangra music with a healthy mixture of TOP 40, Hip Hop, and EDM.
- Where: Upstairs Cabaret, 15 Baston Square
- When: Thursday, January 12th, 9 p.m.