Happy Thursday, Victoria!
From exercises designed for busy parents to winter burlesque shows, here are five things to do in and around Victoria this Thursday, January 5th:
If your goal is to get in a workout, connect with your community while keeping a small person alive this bootcamp is for you.
Jess is a retired National rugby player and current varsity rugby coach whose main strength (apart from her stregth) is energizing humans.
This sequence will be comprised of a warm up, high intensity easily modified movements finishing with a cool down.
- Bathrooms/ on site
- Free Parking
- Please bring your own water bottle
- All fitness levels welcomed
- Where: Meadow Park, 3338 Colwood
- When: Thursday, January 5th, 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Come to Recyclistas to learn how to safely and effectively maintain, fix, and rebuild bicycles. Whether you are looking to better understand how your own bicycle works or to completely refurbish and build a bicycle, we are ready to help you get rolling!
Unfortunately, there are three things this class cannot help with:
- suspension overhauls
- hydraulic brake bleeding
- e-bike repairs
- Where: Recyclistas Bike Shop, 25 Crease Avenue
- When: Thursday, January 5th, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
This free art class is open for all ages. The class will explore painting images of nature while learning how to blend colours, walking you through a few techniques to make blending easier.
There will be different versions of the same painting, which suits all ages. Beginners are welcome!
- Where: Online class via Palak Studioink
- When: Thursday, January 5th, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Melanin magic burlesque invites you to celebrate the new year with us!
Sit back, relax and enjoy a journey of classic and neo- burlesque.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Thursday, January 5th, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The Tiny Rhythm Kings plays music from the time of Kings, Dukes and Counts!
Music from Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Nat King Cole and more comes to life in the hands of three of the West Coast’s top jazz musicians including the lyrical guitarist Joey Smith, organist Tony Genge and drummer/ vocalist Kelby MacNayr!
Led by drummer extraordinaire and swinging crooner Kelby MacNayr this band is a tour de force of the swinging spirit, sass and soul of jazz!
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street
- When: Thursday, January 5th, 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.