Happy Wednesday, Victoria!
With the holidays now in the rearview mirror, many of us will be getting back to our daily routines. While it might be tough, the daily grind doesn’t have to be a bad thing when you have plenty of fun activities that await!
From jazz performances to calming breathe work classes, here are five things to do in and around Victoria this Tuesday, January 3rd:
The Emmett Hodgins Quartet will feature a mix of standards and originals from all musicians involved. This is going to be a fast paced and fun show!
Members include: Emmett Hodgins-Piano, Isaiah Smith-bass, Chase ward-drums, rowan Farintosh-tenor sax.
- Where: Herman’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street
- When: Wednesday, January 4th, 7 p.m.
Come on out and experience the incredible talent Victoria has to offer! Bring your own instrument and mic – drum kit, bass/guitar amp provided
- Where: The Loft Pub, 229 Gorge Road
- When: Wednesday, January 4th, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Learn the breathing technique. Practice deep breathwork and meditation. Relax, heal and enjoy the benefits. No previous training is required.
- Where: Soul Dimension’s online event
- When: Wednesday, January 4th, 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m
The funniest way to spend a Wednesday is Phillips Comedy Night at The Mint!
Each week Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance bring the most hilarious comedians in the city together for a wonderful evening of food, drink and fun!
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
- When: Wednesday, January 4th, 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Live stream session of Vancouver Local singer songwriter Paul Clifford. Paul Clifford originally from the UK Paul now resides in Vancouver.
Paul uses a live loop setup and draws his inspiration from artists like “Bon Iver”& “Ben Howard”. You can catch Paul in around Vancouver at different local venues and busking in around the city.
- Where: Paul Clifford Live via Facebook
- When: Wednesday, January 4th, 7:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.