It’s time to celebrate again!
2023 is the year of the Rabbit, which is known to be the luckiest of all the animals in the zodiac. A healthy and joyful year is before us.
From vibrant and electric dragon parades to traditional Chinese cuisine, these events happening in Victoria are the perfect way to celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year!
Tapestry at Victoria Harbour
Join the Tapestry Victoria Harbour residents as they welcome the Chinese New year with entertainment, food, and beautiful décor.
- Where: Tapestry, 777 Belleville Street
- When: January 26th, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Celebrate the Lunar New Year at Uptown
This year Uptown shopping centre is set to celebrate the Lunar New Year alongside Wong Sheung Kung Fu Club with a traditional Lion Dance!
- Where: Uptown Shopping Centre, 3440 Saanich Road
- When: Saturday, January 21st, 12:30 p.m.
The Golden Rabbit Chinese New Year Dinner
You are invited to celebrate the Year of The Golden Rabbit at Golden City!
Serving eight courses of delicious Chinese cuisine followed by decadent desserts from La Roux Patisserie, a local French pastry shop in the heart of Victoria‘s Chinatown.
This event sells out each year so guests are encouraged to buy their tickets in advance
- Where: Golden City Restaurant, 721 Fisgard Street
- When: Saturday, January 28th, 6 p.m.
Walk in the footsteps of gold miners, merchants, labourers and revolutionaries as you experience Chinatown’s vibrant contemporary culture and learn the secrets of its remarkable past on an in-depth walk with an expert guide!
- Where: 1689 Government Street
- When: January 28th, 10:30 a.m. and February 4th, 10:30 a.m.
2023 Chinese Lunar New Year Parade
This year the Wong Sheung Kung Fu Club is inviting you to the Lion Dance parade, where the lions will make their way throughout Chinatown, visiting merchants as they hang donations in red envelopes also known as lucky money.
Taking place on Sunday, January 29th, this parade will happen through all conditions, rain, shine and even snow!
- Where: Gates of Harmonious interest, Fisgard Street
- When: Sunday, January 29th, 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
If you know of any upcoming Lunar New Year celebrations let us know!