Out with the turkeys, in with the ramen.
Sometimes you have to eat like a broke university student—but why not make it classy?
Whether you’re looking for a change for some variety or a new place to dine in, these 7 ramen restaurants in and around Victoria offer a mix of delicious dinner options, fusing Japanese and Canadian ingredients.
Known as one of the best ramen restaurants in victoria. Ghost Ramen offers locally inspired meals with noodles made in house.
- Where: Ghost Ramen, 1609 Store Street
- When: Wednesday and Thursday 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday to Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Offering chicken, truffle cashew and pork belly ramen. These dishes are rich in flavour, beautifully designed and light on the wallet.
- Where: Bao Restaurant, 626 Fisgard Street
- When: Monday to Saturday, 12 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
This small and informal stop for Japanese groceries features an on-site sushi bar with familiar eats.
If you stop by, make sure you try the wildcard option offering fresh ramen kits from Sakura Sushi
Sakura Sushi is set to reopen on January 14th after an extended holiday break.
- Where: Sakura Sushi, 1213 Quadra Street
- When: Monday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The unlimited creativity and possibilities of Ramen is the focus for the cooks at Rzuna Ramen. Opening in 2021, this specially crafted ramen restaurant serves a blend of Japanese umami food culture, authentic cooking methods, and locally sourced and Canadian made ingredients to create Victoria’s own original rich umami.
- Where: Kizuna Ramen 776 Fairview Road
- When: Friday to Sunday, 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Serving authentic Japanese ramen noodles, Tonkotsu and Tori ramen dishes, Menbow has a variety of protein-rich ramen and Donburi.
- Where: Menbow Ramen Bar, 1018 Blanshard Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Known for its ramen and BBQ pork kimchi don. Kuma Noodle is reasonably priced for delicious meals with large proportions.
- Where: Kuma Noodle, 1551, Cedar Hill Cross Road
- When: Monday to Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Serving authentic Japanese ramen dishes, Ramen Arashi features a whopping nine delicious noodle dishes in a restaurant offering food in a warm friendly atmosphere.
- Where: Ramen Arashi, 2950 Douglas Street
- When: Wednesday to Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.