Film buffs and classical music lovers, this one’s for you!
If you’ve ever wondered how Beethoven’s Ninth would float next to music from Pirates of the Caribbean, or how Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite would wash with Slumdog Millionaire, now’s your chance to find out.
Next weekend, Victoria Symphony is bringing together Mash-Up: Movies and the Masters! In this unconventional program, violinist Lisa Dondlinger merges some of Hollywood and classical music’s most iconic melodies to produce amazing and surprising results.
Equally at home in classical and pop, Dondlinger has performed and recorded with top artists such as Céline Dion, Lady Gaga, Andrea Bocelli, Tony Bennett, and more.
Intrigued? We’ve partnered with Victoria Symphony to give away a pair of tickets so that you can check out the unique performance for yourself—you’ll find those contest details below!
Happening at the Royal Theatre, tickets for the January 28th (7:30 p.m.) and January 29th (2:30 p.m.) shows are available now, and you can grab them online.
For your chance to win a pair of tickets to Victoria Symphony’s Mash-Up: Movies and the Masters, complete one or more of the following:
- LIKE Victoria Symphony on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- FOLLOW Victoria Symphony on Instagram and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
- SHARE this post on Facebook and/or Twitter and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until January 25th. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
- Saturday, January 28th – 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 29th – 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- Tickets: Tickets for the Saturday show can be purchased online here, and for the Sunday show here