Oh, don’t get us started on the breakfast bagel!
Whether you’re a poppy seed fan, everything bagel, sesame seed, or plain, nothing screams you’re Canadian more than a morning bagel with a coffee.
It also happens to be National Bagel Day this Sunday, January 15th, so if you needed an excuse to grab your favourite carb-filled bites, this is it.
The next time you’re in a pinch on your way to work, keep your eye out for these 5 bagel destinations folks in Victoria are raving about!
With ten flavours of bagels and seven flavours of cream cheese, Mount Royal Bagel is regarded as the crown jewel of Montreal style bagels in Victoria.
At this joint, guests will enjoy home-style bagels using high-quality ingredients.
- Where: Mount Royal Bagel, 1115 North Park Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Owned and operated by Moshie and Leah Appel, the Bikery is the only certified Kosher bakery on Vancouver Island.
My Way Bikery offers takeout, delivery and online orders instead of dining in.
- Where: The Bikery, 1701 Douglas Street
- When: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 a.m., Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you are more in the mood for a bagel sandwich, Union Pacific’s smoked salmon bagel is a popular lunch order for those in Greater Victoria.
- Where: Union Pacific, 527 Herald Street
- When: Monday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
As one bagel loving reviewer said, “get the boss hog! It’s the best breakfast sandwich my boyfriend and I have ever had!“. We’ll leave you to do the rest.
- Where: Rise and Grind Coffee, 1294 Broad Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Serving Victorians for 21 years, Bean’s Bandit is highly touted for their breakfast bagel sandwich. One guest commented, “great coffee, and the breakfast bagel sandwich is one of the very best I’ve ever had!”
- Where: Bean Bandit’s Coffee, 711 Broughton Street
- When: Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Did we miss any beautiful bagels of Victoria? Let us know your favourites in the comments below!