Whether you’re hangry, just a bit peckish, or wondering how you’ll heal your broken heart —cheap, delicious tacos are never unhelpful.
No matter the occasion, there are several delicious restaurants in Victoria that sell affordable Mexican-inspired meals that will make your wallet happy and spice up your life a bit.
La Taquisa is a locally owned, family run business that started as a food cart in Cook Street Village in 2010.
Sindy is from Guadalajara, Mexico and we use her 100% authentic family recipes. Scott is from Vancouver, BC and is a trained chef with over 22 years of experience.
Made from scratch fillings and salsas, and fresh pressed-to-order, gluten free corn tortillas allow Scott and Sindy to bring you the very best authentic Mexican experience.
- 1017 Blanshard Street
- 176 Wilson Street
- 768 Goldstream Avenue
- When: Monday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fuego – Old Town Eatery
Featuring a variety of vegan and gluten-free options, Feugo serves a number of mouth watering tacos with your name on them!
- When: Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Fuego, 1435 Store Street
What was born from the back of a surf shop parking lot in Tofino, is now regarded as one of the best taco stops in town!
Featuring a range of taco options from yam to fish, Taco lovers can’t go wrong with Tacofino.
- Where: Tacofino, 760 Pandora Avenue
- When: Monday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
For a modern and creative style of cooking Cafe Mexico is a delicious option for tacos and tequila lovers.
- Where: Cafe Mexico, 1425 Store Street
- Tuesday and Thursday, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Known for its delicious steak tacos, Mexican Village is a must-stop shop for delicious Mexican food if you’re in the Cook Street Village
- Where: Mexican Village, 1116 McKenzie Street
- When: Tuesday to Sunday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Originally opening its doors in 2009 on Hastings Street, La Taqueria now serves delicious Mexican-inspired meals in 5 different locations throughout BC.
From their classic tacos, quesadillas and burritos to our new additions; we express a little bit of Mexico, their history and unique flavours in every dish. La Taqueria food is vibrant, delicious, fresh and fun.
- Where: La Taquería, 766 Fort Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Three Gringos Mexican Grill
With a selection of ground beef, shredded chicken, pork tinga or vegetarian options, the three Gringos Mexican Grill makes everything in-house and fresh.
- Where: Three Gringos Mexican Grill, 735 Goldstream Avenue
- When: Monday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.