We blinked and now it’s Friday!
Whether you have the night all to yourself or have a few friends and family around, it’s time to spend it how ever you want.
From live performances paying tribute to Led Zeppelin to local craft beer here are 5 events you can enjoy this Friday, February 24th:
- Where: McPherson Playhouse, 3 Centennial Square
- When: Friday, February 24th, 7:30 p.m.
The 3rd annual Sooke Craft Beer & Spirits Festival is back for two nights in February!
- Where: Sooke Community Hall, 2037 Sheilds Road
- When: Friday, February 24th, 7 p.m.
The happiest Happy Hour is back!
Every Friday from 4 – 5 pm, join for performances from musicians/poets and possibly more. At the end of the hour, the floor opens up to an open mic for anyone with a talent to share.
Entry is free but donations are graciously accepted and 100% of donations go to the artists!
A range of different teas, coffees, food options and incredible specials on local beer, wine, cider, kombucha, hi-balls and cocktails will be offered!
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Friday, February 24th, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Poets Jan Zwicky and Garth Martens perform alongside two of Canada’s top flamenco artists, dancer Denise Yeo and guitarist Gareth Owen. The two performances, on February 24 and 25, will be followed by an on-stage conversation.
Dark Sounds is a flamenco literary series that joins English-language poetry with traditional flamenco. Its focus is grief, death, and the climate crisis. Endings, disappearances, cultural cataclysm. Little deaths that pile up while, all around us, the smoke steeples the horizon.
- Where: Intrepid Theatre, 1609 Blanshard Street
- When: February 24th, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
What happens when you get some of Victoria’s finest jazz players, mix them with a few funky rock players and hand them the Steely Dan catalogue?
The Pretzel Logic Orchestra is an homage to Steely Dan and a labour of love for its nine members.
These guys have the chops it takes to interpret the complex and quirky material of the iconic 70’s songwriting partnership of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker.
- Where: Herman’s Upstairs, 753 View Street
- When: Friday, February 24th, 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.