Brrrr, it’s a chilly one Victoria!
With the brisk weather on its way, today is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a fun evening with good friends during a local outing.
From poetry nights to beverage tastings here’s what’s in store for Victoria this Thursday, February 23rd:
Greater Victoria hiring event
Find your career path at the Greater Victoria Hiring & Post-Secondary Education Event! 50+ local employers will be on site for networking opportunities.
Admission is free and guests are asked to bring their resume.
- When: Thursday, February 23rd, 11 a.m.
- Where: Bay Street Armoury, 713 Bay Street
Brewmaster’s Dinner: beer vs wine edition
Join the folks at Craft Beer Market for a beer vs wine-tasting experience!
Enjoy a four-course dinner with complimenting wine and beer pairings. Guests cast their votes for which pairing reigns supreme, and the champion will be crowned at the end of the dinner!
Your ticket includes:
• Four-course chef-inspired menu
• Beer and wine expertly paired by the fine folks at Stanley Park and Mark Anthony Wines for each course
• Tasting notes and stories from our Executive Chef and partner ambassadors
• Taxes and 20% gratuity
- When: Thursday, February 23rd, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Craft Beer Market, 450 Swift Street
Celebrate with BC Girl Guides in your community celebrating Guiding Lights Across BC.
- When: Thursday, February 23rd, after sunset.
- Where: Across the province
Victoria poetry project
The foundation of the Victoria poetry project, Tongues of Fire (ToF) is the longest-running poetry open mic on Lekwungen territory today.
ToF shows consist of an open mic for the first half of the evening, followed by a performance set by our invited poet — this Thursday, we are very excited to feature.
- When: Thursday, February 23rd, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Caffe Fantastico, 965 Kings Road
Brickyard Comedy Night
Hosted by Paul McKinnon of 2/11 Amps Productions and featuring comedians;
Sets include Sarah Carol, Lucas Earthy, Evan Mumford, Spencer Reid, Emily Woods and headlining Curran Dobbs!
- When: Thursday, February 23rd, 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Brickyard Comedy Night, 784 Yates Street