Welcome back to a busy work week Victoria!
If you find yourself with some free time throughout the day, we have got you covered.
From photography showcases to open mic nights here are five things to do in and around Victoria this Tuesday, February 28th:
Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Explore the awe-inspiring wonders of the natural world captured through the lenses of award-winning photographers.
Now in its 58th year, the esteemed Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition showcases a global selection of photojournalism, from glimpses into amazing animal behaviours to extraordinary natural landscapes.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
- When: Tuesday, February 28th, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Langford’s February Book Club
- Where: Bin 4 Burger Lounge Westshore, 716 Goldstream Avenue
- When: Tuesday, February 28th, 6 p.m.
Garden Sessions Open Mic w/ Steve Craik
Bring your songs, poems, jokes or any other talents you wanna show off. The only rule is it has to be original. All sessions will be live-streamed directly onto “The Get Down” Facebook Group
If you like how you sound, we will be recording every session with pro-audio, video and lighting. With added options for professional post production, and dynamic 2 cameras filming. *This option will be given free of charge for all performers at our opening night on January 3rd.
- Where: Haus of Owl, 780 Blanshard Street
- When: Tuesday, February 28th, 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Talent Tuesdays – Your chance to support Victoria’s newest talent, and even try out Dorothy’s main stage for yourself. Drag, Dance, Comedy, Music, we’ve seen it all! New line-ups every week! Seating at 7 p.m.
- Where: Friends of Dorothy Lounge, 537 Johnson Street
- When: Tuesday, February 28th, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
OK, DOPE Student Showcase
OK, DOPE is proud to present its improv and stand-up class showcase! Come watch the students show off their newly acquired skills live at The Mint!
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
- When: Tuesday, February 28th, 7 p.m.