Rain rain, go away!
Well, let’s face it, that won’t happen anytime soon, but as Islanders, we won’t let it get us down.
Whether you enjoy relaxing at home or simply need a break from the wet and wild outdoors, here are 9 ways you can make the best of the gloomy winter months while taking advantage of the great indoors.
Flying Squirrel Trampoline park
Flying Squirrel Trampoline Park is a family fun place with plenty of activities and attractions for all ages! They have child friendly areas, and safety is their top priority!
They have trampolines, climbing walls, a cafe, and consider themselves the premiere entertainment destination!
- Where: Flying Squirrel, 808 Viewfield Road
- Monday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday to Thursday, 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
As one of the most popular tourist attractions in downtown Victoria guests are to enjoy the wonderful world of smallness. Walk down its road — step into the Story Books of fact, fiction and fantasy.
- Where: Miniature World, 649 Humboldt Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For a great tasting of local beers and good conversation with friends take some time and head down to the Phillips Brewery.
- Where: Phillips Brewing Company, 2010 Government Street
- Monday to Wednesday, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday to Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Located in the historic Hudson building in downtown Victoria, the Victoria Public Market is and features locally-produced cheese, local meats, farm-fresh groceries, handmade pies, a French bakery, oils and vinegars, fresh flowers, specialty retail, gourmet food service offerings, and much more!
- Where: Victoria Public Market, 1701 Douglas Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 11 a.m to 6 p.m.
Always something good to watch for the whole family. Each film is approximately 45 minutes and runs consecutively, so you can watch one, two … or spend the afternoon!
- Where: IMAX, 675 Belleville Street
- When: Open daily at 10 a.m.
Willow Stream Spa
For those in serious need of an enchanting getaway close to home, the Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Empress is the perfect oasis for soothing spas and afternoon tea.
- Where: Willow Stream Spa, 633 Humboldt Street
- Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Closed on Tuesdays
Shopping at the Bay Centre
A large indoor mall in downtown Victoria. Several floors of shops with a food court at the top.
- Where: Bay Centre, 1150 Douglas Street
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
A wonderful collection of art in a beautiful setting! Many permanent collections as well as special exhibits on an on-going basis.
- Where: Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, 1040 Moss Street
- Tuesday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Royal BC Museum
This (in our humble opinion) is one of the better museums we’ve been to! It’s got several floors of exhibits, some that are permanent including the First Nations exhibit and some that change from time to time. A very good idea for the whole family!
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
- When: Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m to 5 p.m.