Spring has sprung! The birds are chirping and the warm weather is finally upon us.
With Easter just around the corner, there are plenty of fun ways you can spend your long weekend with the family.
As you take your time to figure out how you want to spend your days, why not take the kiddos to one of Greater Victoria’s popular egg hunts?
From weekend-long scavenger hunts at the Butchart Gardens to Easter breakfasts paired with an afternoon of play, here are 10 scavenger hunts happening in and around Greater Victoria throughout the Easter long weekend.
Children’s Easter Bunny Hunt at The Butchart Gardens
Butchart Gardens is holding their Easter Bunny Hunt from April 7th to 10th!
Children 17 years and younger admitted to the gardens will be given a map, marking the location of 10 bunnies hidden throughout the gardens.
Once attendees have found all the bunnies, completed maps can be turned in at the Information Centre for an Easter treat and to enter a draw for an Easter basket.
- Where: 800 Benvenuto Avenue, Butchart Gardens
- When: Friday, April 7th to Monday, April 10th
Pemberton Holmes’ Sooke Easter Egg Hunt
Many thanks to Pemberton Holmes for hosting the #Sooke #Community Easter Egg Hunt! The fun takes place at Ed Macgregor Park on Saturday, April 8, 10am-1pm.
More: https://t.co/ZkACxM81Ct pic.twitter.com/C4cgfPOBd6
— SookeCa (@SookeCa) March 29, 2023
On Saturday, Pemberton Pete will be at Ed Macgregor Park for Pemberton Holmes’ Sooke Easter Egg Hunt.
Separate egg hunts will be offered for toddler-age and elementary-age children, where participants have to gather up as many eggs as possible and then give the eggs to Pemberton Pete’s helpers to receive prizes.
Attendees will also be able to have their face painted and munch on cotton candy and popcorn at this free event organized by Pemberton Homes agents and staff.
The first hunt time for kids up to 3 years, 4 to 8 years and 9 to 12 years starts at 10:15 a.m., with additional hunts for the same age groups at 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
- Where: Ed Macgregor Park, Sooke
- When: Saturday, April 8th, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Easter egg hunt for everyone
Hippity hoppity down to the annual Easter Egg Hunt Robert Porter Park.
Songs will be sung and eggs will be found! Caregiver supervision is required for all children. Guests are asked to bring their own Easter basket.
- Where: 1350 Fairfield Road
- When: Saturday, April 8th, 11 a.m.
Easter Egg Hunt for BC Children’s Hospital
This weekend, The Neal Estate Group is holding their 24th Annual Easter Egg Hunt!
The community event, to support BC Children’s Hospital, will be hosted at Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park. In addition to an egg hunt, there will also be face painting, Easter crafts and refreshments.
There will be more than 35,000 chocolates hidden and other prizes too!
- Where: Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park
- When: Saturday, April 8th, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Easter Egg Hunt
Royal Bay and the City of Colwood’s annual Easter event is back! This year the event will feature live music, a hunt for thousands of eggs, cookie decorating, family photos, a craft station, food trucks and more!
- Where: Meadow Park (off Latoria Blvd) and Meadow Park Green (off Trumpeter Street)
- When: Saturday, April 8th – Egg hunt at 11 a.m. followed by family friendly activities 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Easter Breakfast and Egg Hunt
- Where: Colwood Church, 2250 Sooke Road
- When: Saturday, April 8th, 10 a.m.
Encounter Church Egg Scramble
Encounter Church’s Egg Scramble is free and fun for the whole family!
The event, for children 12 and under, will take place at Banfield Park.
Bring your Easter basket or a bag and get ready to collect tons of colourful eggs stuffed with candy and surprises. There are over 3000 eggs!
- Where: 521 Craigflower Road, Banfield Park
- When: Saturday, April 8th, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Central Saanich Easter Egg Hunt
It’s hoppening again!
Take your kids to the annual Easter Egg Hunt organized by the Central Saanich Lions Club at noon on Easter Sunday at Centennial Park.
- Where: Centennial Park, 7500 block of Wallace Drive
- When: Sunday, April 9th, 12 p.m.
Lion’s Easter Eggstravaganza
- Where: Sunday, April 9th, 10 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- When: Gorge Park
Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Dominion Park (North Saanich)
Peninsula Celebrations Society and Helmsing Real Estate invite families to hop over for some fun! Children are invited to bring their Easter baskets to Dominion Brook Park (across from the Panorama Recreation Centre on East Saanich Road) in North Saanich. Find the hidden eggs, visit the Easter Bunny, and enjoy games and activities. Fun for the entire family!
- Where: Dominion Brook Park (across from the Panorama Recreation Centre on East Saanich Road) in North Saanich
- When: Sunday, April 9th, 12:30 p.m.