The weekend is finally here, Victoria!
With sunny skies and double digit weather in the forecast this is your opportunity to enjoy a beautiful weekend outdoors!
From camper coffee runs in Clover Point to weekend lunches with drag entertainment, here are 13 events happening in and around Victoria this St. Patricks Day Weekend, March 18th to 19th!
OG Camper Cafe
By popular demand the OG Camper Cafe will be back at Clover Point this Saturday!
- Where: Clover Point, 3150 Dallas Road
- When: Saturday, March 18th, 9 a.m.
Served Up! A Drag Lunch Experience
Served Up! Is a drag show that aims to bring the art of drag and queer expression out of the downtown core and into Vic West. Expect big emotions, joy, cultural expression, and absolute clownery!
Performers include local drag artists:
- Leo Moon (they/them)
- Papa Pill (he/they)
- Boy Gorgeous (they/them)
- Sweetness (she/they)
- Tragic Mike (he/him)
Performance goes from 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Doors open to the event at 11:30 am. Performances begin at 12:00 pm
- Where: Moon Under Water Brewpub and Distillery, 350 Bay Street
- When: Saturday, March 18th, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner
Come dine In Chunky Kitchen Catering bistro in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day with an exquisite menu created by a European-trained chef.
- Where: Chunky Kitchen Catering, 2504 Government Street
- When: Saturday, March 18th, starts at 6 p.m.
St. Patrick’s Day Party
A night of Irish music, singing, dancing and celebration. Featuring The Hounds of Cuchulain, the Victoria Irish Dancers and Joe Higgins.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue
- When: Saturday, March 18th, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
St. Patrick’s Day Celebration with Pierre Schryer & Quinn Bachand
Pierre Schryer is one of Canada’s leading traditional fiddlers. A recipient of numerous titles and awards including Canadian Open Fiddle Champion, Grand Masters Champion, Violoneux Championnat, and North American Irish Fiddle Champion, Pierre truly captivates an audience with his energy and genuine warmth.
His ability knows no bounds, covering styles from Irish, Scottish, Québecois, and Cape Breton to Canadian Old Time, American Swing and more.
With diverse musical talents and a bottomless pool of creativity, Quinn Bachand is recognized as the “Young Lion” of the Celtic guitar (Daniel Lapp) and “Canada’s top Celtic guitarist” (Ashley MacIsaac).
Although Quinn plays a range of styles that include jazz and bluegrass, it is his talents in the world of Celtic music that are drawing the most attention.
- Where: Upstairs Lounge, Oak Bay Recreation Centre
- When: Saturday, March 18th, starts at 7:30 p.m.
Portraits of Nature Concert plus Guided Nature Walk
The Civic Orchestra of Victoria presents Portraits of Nature – a concert exploring the beauty of the physical world through music. Featuring works by De Falla, Beethoven and Nielsen, this concert is sure to bring you new perspectives and appreciation for nature through the lens of an orchestra.
- Where: Dave Dunnet Community Theatre, 2121 Cadboro Bay
- When: Saturday, March 18th, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Dust off your boots and get ready for the best of today and the classics featuring Bryce Allan who will be playing a great selection of music. Take a break from your busy life to escape to a good time and great live music and drink.
- Where: Sooke Community Hall, 2037 Shields Road
- When: Saturday, March 18th, 7 p.m.
Looking for the perfect Spring Break weekend activity for you and your family?
With a purchase of an adult/senior ticket, guests will get one free child/youth ticket for free!
- Where: 901 Trans-Canada Highway
- When: Saturday, March 11th to Friday, March 31st
Victoria Odd Fellows | Whisky Picnic
The Whisky Picnic is a fundraiser event he has been involved in within the UK for over a decade, and now it is in Victoria!
Join the mini market stall-style whisky festival split into two two-hour sessions with brands offering whisky to sample.
The event includes:
- Early afternoon whisky sampling from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m
- Evening whisky sampling 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
A light meal will be provided during both sessions. All samples and meals are included in the ticket price. They have multiple whisky brands, and the team from Small Gods Brewery to provide samples. Caddy Bay Liquor Store also offers a pop-up shop for your holiday gifting needs. Plus, there will be a small silent auction.
- Where: Victoria Odd Fellows, 1315 Douglas Street
- When: Saturday, March 18th, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Dance Temple w/ Naomi
Join the folks at Edelweiss Club for a community ecstatic dance session. Enjoy your own personal dance or spark up creative movement with others
- Where: Victoria Edelweiss Club, 108 Niagara Street
- When: Sunday, March 19th, 12:30 p.m.
Irish Whiskey Hooley
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the Irish Whiskey Hooley! 16 tastings, tapas, live music and great people! Dress in your best for prizes!
- Where: Irish Times Pub, 1200 Government Street
- When: Sun, 19 March 2023, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Thrifty Foods St. Patrick’s Day Festival
The St. Patrick’s Day Festival takes place along the two or so blocks of Government Street between Yates Street and Fort Street in downtown Victoria. The activities usually run from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Where: Government Street, between Yates Street and Fort Street
- When: Sunday, March 19th, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Music at the Market
Welcome to Music at the Market! An open mic session with our Victoria community.
Weekly on Sundays from 2-5 pm come on down, sign up for a 15-minute slot (about 3 songs), and grab a coffee with your friends!
Spend the afternoon singing and snacking and listening to some awesome tunes.
- Where: Rock Bay Market, 2725 Rock Bay Avenue
- When: Sunday, March 19th, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.