Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Victoria!
It’s time to celebrate the luck of the Irish with green beer, fiddles, and paint shamrocks on your face.
St. Patrick’s Day celebrations are infectious whether you’re Irish or not so we’ve rounded up the best events and places to celebrate around Victoria this weekend.
It’s time to parttyyyy Latino style!
On Thursday night there will be two Dj’s which means twice the fun! Tickets are selling fast so get them while you can!
- Where: Paparazzi Nightclub, 642 Johnson Street
- When: Thursday, March 16th, 10 p.m.
Wear a green (or blue) outfit and be ready for a fun St. Patrick’s Celebration. Entertainment by the Victoria School of Irish Dance to follow after lunch. This is the place to be!
- Where: Cook Street Village Activity Centre, 380 Cook Street
- When: Friday, March 17th, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Join the Young Builders Network for their St. Patrick’s Day bash. They have a good old-fashioned Irish social at your favourite brewpub – Swans!
- Where: Swans Pub, 1601 Store Street
- When: Friday, March 17th, starting at 3 p.m.
Miche Cafe will be hosting an Irish inspired dinner for friends and family this Friday. Guests can look forward to homemade corned beef, Irish stew, sticky toffee pudding and much more!
- Where: Miche Cafe & Bar, 734 Aldebury Street
- When: Friday, March 17th, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The Tapestry of Victoria will be sporting their Irish best while serving green drinks and Guinness.
The Glengarry School of Celtic Dance will also be there to dance and sing for guests!
- Where: Tapestry at Victoria, 777 Belleville Street
- When: Friday, March 17th, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This band of bad boys bring the bodacious boogie brogue consistently to events like the Victoria International Jazz Fest, the Blues Bash, the Moss Street Paint In, rooms up and down the island, and beyond!
Prepare for a masterful mix of soulful sounds, luxurious Latin grooves, full on funk, happenin’ hip hop, and pulsating pop to shake that thang!
Doors open at 5:30 p.m., show starts at 7 p.m.
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street
- When: Friday, March 17th, 5:30 p.m.
Get your “Green On” and head down to the Six Mile Pub for the happiest St. Patrick’s celebration on the Island!
Enjoy great food from the amazing menu, craft beer, Guinness on tap, and of course, toe tappin’, hand clappin’ Irish and Celtic tunes featuring Cookeilidh!
No Cover. Reservations are accepted & recommended.
Lots of free parking, with handy access to transit and taxi service.
- Where: Six Mile Pub & Eatery, 494 Island Hwy
- When: Friday, March 17th, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Shamrocks, Leprechauns, the colour green!
These are all images that conjure up St. Patrick’s day. Ireland’s number one comedic export (don’t google it) Entertainment Village is back at The Mint on March 17th with special standup comedy guests Patricia “Patti O’Lanterns” Ellen and Lucia “Either pronunciation is fine” Ribeiro!!!
- Where: The Mint Restaurant, 1414 Douglas Street
- When: Friday, March 17th, 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Back by popular demand: The County Line is back with Twain Wreck for St. Patrick’s day!
Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show starts at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The Duke Saloon, 502 Discovery Street
- When: Friday, March 17th, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
WE3 will be playing at the Metchosin Golf and Country Club for St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th bringing classic rock tunes from 7:00 p.m. till 9:30 p.m. Come out for some great food and be ready to dance. See you there!
- Where: Metchosin Golf and Country Club, 4100 Metchosin Road
- When: Friday, March 17th, starting at 6 p.m.
Two DJ’s will be perform live and of course the evening with feature St. Patrick’s Day drinks to celebrate the day.
- Where: Upstairs Cabaret, 15 Bastion Square
- When: Friday, March 17th, starts at 10 p.m.
Come dine In Chunky Kitchen Catering bistro in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day with an exquisite menu created by a European-trained chef.
- Where: Chunky Kitchen Catering, 2504 Government Street
- When: Saturday, March 18th, starts at 6 p.m.
A night of Irish music, singing, dancing and celebration. Featuring The Hounds of Cuchulain, the Victoria Irish Dancers and Joe Higgins.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue
- When: Saturday, March 18th, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Pierre Schryer is one of Canada’s leading traditional fiddlers. A recipient of numerous titles and awards including Canadian Open Fiddle Champion, Grand Masters Champion, Violoneux Championnat, and North American Irish Fiddle Champion, Pierre truly captivates an audience with his energy and genuine warmth.
His ability knows no bounds, covering styles from Irish, Scottish, Québecois, and Cape Breton to Canadian Old Time, American Swing and more.
With diverse musical talents and a bottomless pool of creativity, Quinn Bachand is recognized as the “Young Lion” of the Celtic guitar (Daniel Lapp) and “Canada’s top Celtic guitarist” (Ashley MacIsaac).
Although Quinn plays a range of styles that include jazz and bluegrass, it is his talents in the world of Celtic music that are drawing the most attention.
- Where: Upstairs Lounge, Oak Bay Recreation Centre
- When: Saturday, March 18th, starts at 7:30 p.m.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the Irish Whiskey Hooley! 16 tastings, tapas, live music and great people! Dress in your best for prizes!
- Where: Irish Times Pub, 1200 Government Street
- When: Sun, 19 March 2023, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
The St. Patrick’s Day Festival takes place along the two or so blocks of Government Street between Yates Street and Fort Street in downtown Victoria. The activities usually run from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Where: Government Street, between Yates Street and Fort Street
- When: Sunday, March 19th, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Whisky Picnic is a fundraiser event he has been involved in within the UK for over a decade, and now it is in Victoria!
Join the mini market stall-style whisky festival split into two two-hour sessions with brands offering whisky to sample.
The event includes:
- Early afternoon whisky sampling from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m
- Evening whisky sampling 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
A light meal will be provided during both sessions. All samples and meals are included in the ticket price. They have multiple whisky brands, and the team from Small Gods Brewery to provide samples. Caddy Bay Liquor Store also offers a pop-up shop for your holiday gifting needs. Plus, there will be a small silent auction.
- Where: Victoria Odd Fellows, 1315 Douglas Street
- When: Saturday, March 18th, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.