Wow, there is a lot happening this weekend! How does one simply choose one? The answer: you don’t!
This May long weekend has a full roster of events and we think you should aim to try as much as possible!
Here are 13 things to do this May long weekend in Victoria:
The Luxton Spring Fair
If you’re looking for carnival rides, vender booths, heritage museums, and more, this one’s for you! This year’s Luxton Spring Fair kicked off at 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 18th and will stretch until Sunday, May 21st.
- Where: Luxton Fair Grounds, 1040 Marwood Avenue
- Friday, May 19th, from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20th, from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, May 21st, from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
160th Victoria Highland Games and Celtic Festival
Check out the celebration of Scottish and Celtic arts and culture featuring pipe bands, highland dancers, fiddle performances, heavy event challenges, and folk performances.
- Where: Topaz Park (Topaz Avenue, Finlayson Street and Blanshard Street)
- Saturday, May 20th, from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m
- Sunday, May 21st, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
123rd Victoria Day Parade
Cheer on and enjoy the much-anticipated Thrifty Foods 123rd Victoria Day Parade this Monday, May 22nd, starting at 9 a.m. This year’s theme is a vibrant “That 70s Parade.”
- Where: Begins at Mayfair Mall and continues along Douglas Street finishing at the intersection of Douglas and Humboldt Street
- When: Monday May 22nd, starting at 9 a.m.
Gordy Dodd’s “One World Celebration 2023!”
Head over to Centennial Square after the Victoria Day Parade for some more festivities!
- Where: 1 Centennial Square
- When: Monday, May 22nd, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Ella Fitzgerald Tribute Show At Hermann’s Jazz Club
Calling on all jazz fans everywhere – Shanna Dance’s vocals will feature in salute to Ella Fitzgerald’s music. Tickets are available for $15.
- Where: 753 View Street
- When: Sunday, May 21st at 1 p.m.
Battle of the Bands
They’re back and ready to rock your world! Join the Greater Victoria Festival Society for this year’s Battle of the Bands. It’s free to attend!
- Where: 501 Belleville Street
- When: Sunday, May 21st, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
COME FROM AWAY Broadway Musical
Bring your tissues for this inspirational tear-jerker! This is the last chance to catch TONY & OLIVIER’s Award-Winning Broadway Musical before it departs the theatre on Wednesday, May 24th.
- Where: 805 Broughton Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th to Wednesday, May 24th (show times vary)
Take in the views at the Malahat SkyWalk – great for the whole family! Yearly passes purchased before May 22nd are being offered at a discounted price.
- Where: 901 Trans-Canada Hwy, Malahat
- When: Open 7 days a week, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Artisan Saturdays at Bastion Square
Bastion Square Market is hosting their first Artisan Saturday this May long weekend! Come on by and support your local artists.
- Where: 26 Bastion Square
- When: Saturday, May 20th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday Salsa/Bachata Dance Social
Dance the night away with Latin Dance Canada at the Ukrainian Cultural Centre! Lessons run from 8 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. – but stay for the dance social afterwards! Tickets are $15.
- Where: 3277 Douglas Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th, from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Vinyl Envy Presents : Queens Park | Fountain Bather
Let the music move you! From punk-rock to reflective melodies and lyrics, this evening is sure to have it all. Head over to Vinyl Envy to check it out! Tickets are $15.
- Where: 1717 Quadra Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th, from 7:45 to 10 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.)
Four Winds & Tacos
The Drake Eatery welcomes spring with their annual Four Winds & Tacos event! Stop by on Saturday, May 20th for the tacos and vibes.
- Where: 517 Pandora Ave
- When: Saturday, May 20th at 12 p.m.
Capital Ballroom: Reincarnated Grunge Show
Craving some grunge? You won’t want to miss this tribute to Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots – performed by Seafoam Shame, AIC-Facelift, and Clone Temple Pilots STP Tribute Band. Tickets are $20 in advance and $30 at the door.
- Where: 858 Yates Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th at 8 p.m.