Wow, there is a lot happening this weekend! How does one simply choose one? The answer: you don’t!
This May long weekend has a full roster of events and we think you should aim to try as much as possible!
Here are 13 things to do this May long weekend in Victoria:
If you’re looking for carnival rides, vender booths, heritage museums, and more, this one’s for you! This year’s Luxton Spring Fair kicked off at 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 18th and will stretch until Sunday, May 21st.
- Where: Luxton Fair Grounds, 1040 Marwood Avenue
- Friday, May 19th, from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20th, from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, May 21st, from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Check out the celebration of Scottish and Celtic arts and culture featuring pipe bands, highland dancers, fiddle performances, heavy event challenges, and folk performances.
- Where: Topaz Park (Topaz Avenue, Finlayson Street and Blanshard Street)
- Saturday, May 20th, from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m
- Sunday, May 21st, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Cheer on and enjoy the much-anticipated Thrifty Foods 123rd Victoria Day Parade this Monday, May 22nd, starting at 9 a.m. This year’s theme is a vibrant “That 70s Parade.”
- Where: Begins at Mayfair Mall and continues along Douglas Street finishing at the intersection of Douglas and Humboldt Street
- When: Monday May 22nd, starting at 9 a.m.
Head over to Centennial Square after the Victoria Day Parade for some more festivities!
- Where: 1 Centennial Square
- When: Monday, May 22nd, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Calling on all jazz fans everywhere – Shanna Dance’s vocals will feature in salute to Ella Fitzgerald’s music. Tickets are available for $15.
- Where: 753 View Street
- When: Sunday, May 21st at 1 p.m.
They’re back and ready to rock your world! Join the Greater Victoria Festival Society for this year’s Battle of the Bands. It’s free to attend!
- Where: 501 Belleville Street
- When: Sunday, May 21st, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Bring your tissues for this inspirational tear-jerker! This is the last chance to catch TONY & OLIVIER’s Award-Winning Broadway Musical before it departs the theatre on Wednesday, May 24th.
- Where: 805 Broughton Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th to Wednesday, May 24th (show times vary)
Take in the views at the Malahat SkyWalk – great for the whole family! Yearly passes purchased before May 22nd are being offered at a discounted price.
- Where: 901 Trans-Canada Hwy, Malahat
- When: Open 7 days a week, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Bastion Square Market is hosting their first Artisan Saturday this May long weekend! Come on by and support your local artists.
- Where: 26 Bastion Square
- When: Saturday, May 20th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dance the night away with Latin Dance Canada at the Ukrainian Cultural Centre! Lessons run from 8 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. – but stay for the dance social afterwards! Tickets are $15.
- Where: 3277 Douglas Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th, from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Let the music move you! From punk-rock to reflective melodies and lyrics, this evening is sure to have it all. Head over to Vinyl Envy to check it out! Tickets are $15.
- Where: 1717 Quadra Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th, from 7:45 to 10 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.)
The Drake Eatery welcomes spring with their annual Four Winds & Tacos event! Stop by on Saturday, May 20th for the tacos and vibes.
- Where: 517 Pandora Ave
- When: Saturday, May 20th at 12 p.m.
Craving some grunge? You won’t want to miss this tribute to Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots – performed by Seafoam Shame, AIC-Facelift, and Clone Temple Pilots STP Tribute Band. Tickets are $20 in advance and $30 at the door.
- Where: 858 Yates Street
- When: Saturday, May 20th at 8 p.m.