Happy June, Victoria!
Lots of different celebrations happening in and around Victoria on Thursday that you won’t want to miss.
If you’re itching to get out and dance, check out the pride kickoff event at Upstairs Cabaret club!
Hoping to learn more about Ocean Week Victoria? Tune into some educational and engaging conversations about our beautiful, deep sea.
There’s something for everyone!
Here’s 5 things happening in and around Victoria Thursday, June 1st:
Time to dig out your picnic baskets — Victoria will be putting on over 150 free concerts throughout the summer!
This one will mark the beginning of CityVibe’s Thursday lunch concerts happening from June to August.
Come check out their feature folk/rock artist, Kurt Loewen!
- Where: Fort Common, 1017 Blanshard Street
- When: Thursday, June 1st from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Wave your flags and dress to impress, Pride Month is here! Get ready for an incredible drag show and lots of dancing.
Celebrate with King Fling and Henrietta Dubét at Upstairs Cabaret this Thursday to ring in the first of June.
Tickets are approximately $22 and can be purchased via Eventbrite!
- Where: 15 Bastion Square
- When: Thursday, June 1st from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Rooftop at the Strath is opening its doors for the summer with a beach themed party!
Fireball and buckets will be on special and there will be an assortment of prizes going out.
Tickets are $15 via Eventbrite!
- Where: 919 Douglas Street
- When: Thursday, June 1st from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
If you’re looking to jam to some K-Pop, Lucky Bar has the evening for you!
This K-Pop extravaganza is $12 and features Soju Bombs and DJ Rupert Cameron.
- Where: 517 Yates Street
- When: Thursday, June 1st from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Although Ocean Week doesn’t officially start until Friday, June 2nd, they’re throwing some bonus events on Thursday for everyone to enjoy!
Register for one or both of the following free events:
- Ship2Shore Event — Live connection to the Northeast Pacific Deep-Sea Expedition team on the CCGS John P. Tully!
- Where: Online
- When: Thursday, June 1st from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Coastal Conversations — Learning to Support Diversabilities in Outdoor Exploration
- Where: 744 Douglas Street
- When: Thursday, June 1st from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m