The sun is shining, and it’s Thursday!
Indoors our outdoors, there’s plenty to do in and around the city, and if you’re spending time outside at places like the market, don’t for get the sunscreen!
Here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Thursday May 11th:
Come From Away
With two sold out weeks at the Royal Theatre, Come From Away has broken all Victoria records for ticket sales. By popular demand, another four shows have now been added.
This New York Times Critics’ Pick takes you into the heart of the remarkable true story of 7,000 stranded passengers and the small town in Newfoundland that welcomed them. Cultures clashed and nerves ran high, but uneasiness turned into trust, music soared into the night, and gratitude grew into enduring friendships.
- Where: Royal Theatre, 805 Broughton Street
- When: Thursday, May 11th, but runs until May 24th
Folk Night: Oily James, LitteFox, Actual Human People
A bi-weekly Folk Night happening at The Mint. Original music has a cozy new home, so come join the community!
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
- When: Thursday, May 11th, 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
New acts and new performers bring their all to the stage! Victoria’s best drag and burlesque performers have been working up a storm to bring you their latest acts! Celebrate, welcome and make it rain on them!
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Thursday, May 11th, 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Enchanted Garden High Tea and Plant Swap for Seniors
Enjoy an enchanting High Tea & Plant Swap for Government House Gardens seniors. Enjoy garden tours, refreshments, and mingling!
- Where: Government House, 1401 Rockland Avenue
- When: Thursday, May 11th, 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Esquimalt Farmers Market
As a food-first farmers market, The Esquimalt Farmers Market hosts vendors that are passionate about serving farm fresh produce and products as well as savoury food and sweet treats that reflect their culture and heritage.
The market will take place every Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Memorial Park from April 6th to September 14th!
- Where: Esquimalt Memorial Park, 1230 Esquimalt Road
- When: Thursday, May 11th, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.