We’ve got a mix of outdoor and indoor for you, Victoria!
Saturday is said to be bringing more of that much-needed rain, so maybe a game of Haunted Manor mini-golf, a killer roller derby game, or a beer at The Drake is in the cards for you!
Then the Sunday sun will come just in time for some fantastic events outside including the Sun Life Walk For Diabetes, live music at the Junction Cidery, and much more!
So, without further delay, here are 16 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, June 10th and 11th:
Get ready to unleash your inner child at the world’s largest inflatable obstacle course, The Monster, that is making its debut in Victoria this weekend.
Spanning over 1,000 feet, The Monster boasts a whopping 42 brand-new obstacles that will challenge your agility, balance, and strength.
From the heart-pounding 60-foot mega slide to the whimsical Tunnel of Love and the exhilarating Bouncy Cage of Doom, this inflatable course offers a wide range of challenges to keep you entertained.
- Where: Royal Athletic Park, 1014 Caledonia Avenue
- When: Thursday, June 8th to Sunday, June 11th
This will mark the 9th-annual Ocean Day wrap-up celebration at Fisherman’s Wharf!
This action packed event features a variety of conservation organizations, touch tanks, and more! Educational and engaging — a combination we’re always excited about.
This is a free and family-friendly event.
- Where: 12 Erie Street
- When: Sunday, June 11th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A team of organizers with the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is hosting a fundraiser for “RBC Race for the Kids” in memory of a little girl that passed away.
The Cruise for Keira is to spread awareness and raise funds for other children undergoing similar struggles province-wide.
If you wish to support the cause, visit their website to donate.
- Where: UVic parking lot 10, off of Gordon Head Road
- When: Sunday, June 11th starting at around 8 a.m.
A huge selection of fabulous vintage clothing will be available for your readied hands Sunday, June 11th!
Get to the 4 Corners Community Collective early so you don’t miss the best finds.
- Where: 1508 Haultain Street
- When: Sunday, June 11th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Highlands District Community Association is bringing back the Highlands Market after a hiatus!
Bring an empty tote bag to pack full of locally grown produce and locally crafted goods!
- Where: Caleb Pike Heritage Park, 1589 Millstream Road
- When: Sunday, June 11th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Set in a haunted manor, this is a game of mini-golf you’ll never forget!
They’ve opened up 4 new holes — making it grand 18-hole set.
Putt your way through in this unique and story-rich manor and enjoy some beverages and snacks too!
General admission is $24.95 and for kids 15 and under it’s $17.95.
- Where: 711 Yates Street
- Monday to Friday from 3 p.m. until 11 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Victoria, you won’t want to miss this trio!
According to the event page, TMT consists of an 11-year champion fiddler and guitarist Max Francis, the cello extraordinaire Tia Greenwood, and keyboard/accordion wizard Teo Thompson.
How amazing is this?
- Where: Pagliacci’s, 1011 Broad Street
- When: Saturday, June 10th from 9:45 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Victoria is gearing up for a remarkable event that brings the community together while making a positive impact on children’s lives.
The RBC Race for the Kids is set to take place on Sunday, June 11th at Tillicum Centre, promising a day filled with energy, enthusiasm, and a shared commitment to support kids in BC’.
- Where: Tillicum Centre, 3170 Tillicum Road
- When: Sunday, June 11th – race starts at 9 a.m. sharp, warm-up at 8:40 a.m.
Fruity beer fans, this is for you!
The Drake Eatery is hosting a Gueuzerie Tilquin beer event and they’re inviting all beer lovers to try out these exceptional flavours.
No tickets required!
- Where: 517 Pandora Avenue
- When: Saturday, June 10th from 12 p.m. until 12 a.m.
Come down to Hermann’s Jazz Club and take a peak at the up and coming musicians from Victoria as they get their chance to show off on a real stage!
Joining them will be special guest, Steph MacPherson.
Tickets will be around $20 and can be purchased here.
- Where: 753 View Street
- When: Saturday, June 10th from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (doors open at 12 p.m.)
This Sunday will feature two artists that you can sit back and enjoy as you try their summer ciders and food!
Come early if you want to get a spot!
- Where: 273 Prospect Lake Road
- When: Sunday, June 11th from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Two games, epic action, high energy — these roller derby beauties are ready for you!
Tickets will sell out quickly, so get them ahead of time for $10 or $15 at the door.
First half will feature Our Eves of Destruction’s The Belles of the Brawl vs. Rated PG’s Thrashers (Prince George).
The second half will be the STEVES vs. STEVES — back by popular demand.
- Where: Archie Browning Arena, 1151 Esquimalt Road
- When: Saturday, June 10th from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Time to stock up on your beach and camping reads!
In addition to some great titles, there will also be puzzles, the silent auction, and pulled pork and hotdogs for you to enjoy.
Bring your family, friends, and furry pals!
- Where: Church of St Mary the Virgin, 1701 Elgin Road
- When: Saturday, June 10th at 10 a.m.
Described as a true rock and roll style, The Happy Failure is excited to share their new album with fans and newbies alike!
Also featured on Saturday will be Puppet Mouth and Queens Park.
Tickets are around $22 and can be purchased here.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: Saturday, June 10th from 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
This free, fun, community-driven event is a perfect creative outlet for all ages!
It’s hosted by the Emily Carr House and all materials are supplied — you just have to show up ready with your artsy cap on.
This month’s event theme is rainbows!
- Where: 207 Government Street
- When: Saturday, June 10th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This year will mark 30 years of the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF!
If you wish to show support for individuals and families who have been impacted by Diabetes, visit their website to donate or find out how to get involved!
- Where: Beaver Lake Regional Park, 5267 Patricia Bay Highway
- When: Sunday, June 11th at 9 a.m.
A new feature at the Fairmont Empress brings a unique twist on tradition!
Picture golden walls as the sun seeps into the room, delicious and creative cocktails served out of traditional teapots, and tiers of both savoury and sweet dishes.
If this sounds good to you, Sunset Sips should be added to your evening plans.
- Where: 721 Government Street
- When: Every Thursday to Sunday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.