Good news, Victoria!
If you enjoy a casual throwback and the joy of an outdoor movie, then you’ll want to add these to your calendar.
Picture it — the sun has begun to set and the movie screen comes to life with projected colours and movement.
It’s a warm evening, and you’re with your family and loved ones — snuggling in with snacks and a favourite drink.
This could be you!
Don’t miss out on this peak summer activity and the chance to enjoy the great outdoors while simultaneously enjoying fresh air and a good film.
Without further ado, here’s a list of the outdoor movies happening in and around Victoria this summer:
Drum roll, please!
A lineup of favourite movies will be screening at Bullen Park through the Esquimalt Outdoor Movie Series event this August!
It’ll kick off with The Princess Bride on Wednesday, August 9th at 9 p.m.
The full list is as follows:
- The Princess Bride: Wednesday, August 9th at 9 p.m.
- Fantastic Mr. Fox: Friday, August 18th at 8:30 p.m.
- Twister: Wednesday, August 23rd at 8:30 p.m.
- Kubo and the Two Strings: Wednesday, August 30th at 8 p.m.
Make sure to bring your own blankets and lawn chairs!
If you’re feeling peckish, the Esquimalt Lions Club will be selling popcorn and Country Crepes food truck will be there selling delicious crepes
- Where: Esquimalt Recreation Centre, 527 Fraser Street
- When: All throughout August — kicking off on Wednesday, August 9th at 9 p.m.
This film festival will feature a huge lineup of free outdoor movies throughout the month of August.
Stay tuned for some classics, some retro, and even some French shorts!
They ask that you bring a blanket, some snacks, a flashlight, and maybe a teddy bear. There is no cost to enjoy the movie, admission is free — just make sure you pack out what you bring.
Some favourites to note are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, showing on Friday, August 11th and Napoleon Dynamite, showing on Saturday, August 19th.
But that’s not all!
Here’s the full list of showings:
- Where: 250 Bridge Way, Cameron Bandshell, Beacon Hill Park
- When: Throughout the month of August — all screenings start at 9 p.m.
Did we miss one? Let us know in the comments!