Can you believe that it is already the third Thursday of September? Can’t really blame you, y’know what they say – time flies when you’re having fun!
Here are 5 amazing things happening in and around Victoria today!
- What: A weekly stand-up comedy show for your pleasure, with a rotating lineup featuring some of the best comedians in town.
- Where: Saint Franks – 1320 Broad Street
- When: 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- What: Nadyne will guide you through selecting your plants and planting them all the while giving you a thorough education about succulents. She is not only very knowledgeable about succulents, but she is extremely passionate and her passion is contagious!
- Where: Dig This Sidney – 9813 Third Street, Sidney
- When: 6 pm – 8 pm
- Cost: $40 – includes all the supplies.
What: Join the fun of a live auction and get great deals too! Kilshaw’s features estate and items of interest sales each Thursday night. One Thursday each month begins with a special focus sale followed by a more general household sale. One other Thursday is a featured auction with a special focus such as “The Contemporary Home: Canadian Art and Modern Design”. Most every week you can find furniture, home décor, art, antiques, mid-century design and more. Check our website for what is happening this week at kilshaws.com and catalogue.
Where: 1007 Langley Street
When: 6 pm
What:This lecture is presented by Dr. Donald Ryan, an archaeologist and Egyptologist, who has made multiple excavations in the Valley of the Kings, including one that resulted in the rediscovery of a tomb containing the mummy identified as that of Hatshepsut.
Where: Royal BC Museum – 675 Belleville Street
When: 7 pm – 9 pm
What: Paparazzi Nightclub are rewinding the tapes and throwing back the track to everyone’s favourite 80s, 90s, and 2000s hits! Join rotating DJ’s JOE B | DADDY MACK | RONNYB NO COVER all night and $4 dollar drink specials!
Where: Paparazzi Nightclub – 642 Johnson Street
When: 10:00 pm – 2:00 am
For more things to do, check out our events page!