That short week sure went fast! Check out these five events to make the transition into the weekend smooth:
Hop on over to Royal Athletic Park and drink to your heart’s content at the Great Canadian Beer Festival! This popular event features over 60 breweries and two cideries pouring approximately 250 beers and ciders.
Where: Royal Athletic Park
When: Saturday, Sept. 8, 12–5 p.m.
All of Bullen Park will be dedicated to sensationalizing your taste buds, soothing your ear drums, and giving your kids something to yell about other than whose turn it is to use the iPad. Thanks to the community of Esquimalt and rib masters from around the country, we can all prep our bibs and start drooling about ribs.
- Friday, Sept. 7, 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 8, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 9, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Where: Bullen Park behind Esquimalt Plaza
Every Friday we have old school video games on all the Tvs, and 90’s music. This Friday night we will be having a dart tournament where the winner wins a beer fridge. Sign up for darts is 7pm, tournament starts around 8pm.
- When: 4 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Where: Hecklers Bar & Grill – 123 Gorge Rd. E
- What: If learning about ancient pyramids, hieroglyphs, and mummies sounds like an awesome way to spend your summer, then walk like an Egyptian down to the Royal BC Museum. The exhibit gives visitors a glimpse into all aspects of ancient Egyptian life, from the emergence of ancient Egyptian civilization along the Nile to the Ptolemaic and Roman eras.
- When: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville St
- Admission: Varies.
The Loft ‘Artist of the Year’ winner Jeremy Bateman has been garnering a loyal following of fans with his husky voice, well crafted songs and engaging stage show since moving to Vancouver Island two years ago.
He’s currently working on his debut album that draws heavy influence and comparison to the likes of Ben Harper, JJ Cale and Tom Waits. Sure to be a timeless classic!
His merry band of pranksters known as the Bateman Brothers include Chris Lloyd on guitar, Iain Rose on drums, Tom Sellick on bass and Sean Winter on keys and saxophone.
- When: 7:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Where: The Loft Pub – 229 Gorge Road East
For more things to do, check out our events page!