So if you need plans for this weekend do not fret, we have your back. Here are some fun things to do.
The Victoria Women’s Expo
- What: First 100 people through the door both mornings receive a goodie bag! This event features women in business showcasing everything from jewelry, chocolate, clothing, purses, financial advice, fitness and so much more. Plenty of exhibitors on site. See daily schedule.
- When: Saturday March 25 from 10:00am – 5:00pm and Sunday March 26 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Admission: CASH ONLY $8/adults day pass, $6/students and seniors day pass, $12/adults weekend pass, $9/students and seniors weekend pass
LEGO Mania Building Competition
- What: This years theme: “Happy 150th Birthday Canada!” Meet LEGO certified professional builder Robin Sather. He will be building a giant scene using Lego brick. Competitors will be displaying their finished Lego creations for judging. On Sunday winners will be announced.
- When: Saturday March 25 from 9:30am – 5:30pm and Sunday March 26 from 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Where: Tillicum Centre, 3170 Tillicum Road
The LOOK Show: Community Arts Exhibition
- What: Featuring original art by local artists and artisans of varied disciplines and is designed to highlight the diversity of Victoria’s local art scene. On site art demonstrations and performances by local musicians, dancers, poets and spoken work artist.
- When: begins Saturday March 25 until April 15
- Where: 3 locations: Victoria Arts Council headquarters, 636 Fort Street (next to Crabtree & Evelyn), The Bay Centre – Level 1 (next to escalators), Level 2 (next to bridge)
Dragon Boat Introduction Clinic
- What: Paddle along the Gorge Waterway. Entry level one hour session for women and men 55+. Includes explanation on how the Dragon Boat Festival operates, boat safety, commands, paddlers stroke and technique, and club info. Dragon boat, PFD’s and paddles supplied. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- When: Saturday March 25 and Sunday March 26 from 12:00 – 3:00pm
- Where: #105 2940 Jutland Road
Home Spa Treatment for Spring Body Detox
- What: Time to stimulate the body’s renewal process and restore vitality. Stimulate your metabolism and improve your energy. Discover techniques using all natural, green beauty products that benefit the body and mind. Space is limited, call 250-382-0006 to book your spot.
- When: Sunday March 26 from 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Where: Silk Road, 1624 Government Street
- Fee: $20/person, FREE to VIP members
Nourish Your Soul: Wellness Workshop
- What: This workshop focuses on your health, wellness, embodiment, self-acceptance, gratitude and so much more. Be prepared to have an open mind and willingness to connect with others. Bring a journal/notebook, pen and yoga mat (available to borrow).
- When: Sunday March 26 from 1:30 – 3:30pm
- Where: MokSana Yoga Centre, 3 Fan Tan Alley Suite 500
- Tickets: available online
The Michael Dunahee Keep the Hope Alive Drive
- What: 25th Annual Family 5km walk/run for Michael Dunahee, whom went missing from Victoria on March 24, 1991. Wheelchair, stroller and pet friendly. All proceeds to benefit Child Find BC.
- When: Sunday March 27, pre-race activities begin at 9:30am
- Where: Esquimalt Recreation Centre, 527 Fraser Street
- Registration: online
Ride a Dragon Boat for Free
- What: Head down to the Fairway Gorge Paddling Club for a chance to try out dragon boating for free!
- When: Sunday March 27 | Noon to 3 p.m.
- Where: 2940 Jutland Road (water side)