And 2017 marks the 55th anniversary of this beloved local tradition, which can only mean one thing: fireworks!
Saturday night will feature a highly anticipated fireworks display at Willows Beach, accompanied by all the features of the carnival that we Victorians know and love.
And while you’re watching the spectacular show, be sure to grab an iconic sandwich from the Baron of Beef booth at the festival. Watch out for this sign:
We promise you’ll be blown away by the Damn Hot horseradish dressing made by Hee-Haw Horseradish – an Oak Bay family recipe that has been responsible for many a food-gasm in the last 3 years!
Although this famous relish won’t be sold at the carnival, Hee-Haw Horseradish generously donates crates of their product to the Oak Bay Tea Party, so you’ll have plenty to sample.
And this is just one of their three delectable flavours. Head over to https://www.heehawhorseradish.com/ to find out what more they have to offer!
In the meantime, although the Tea Party won’t officially begin until Saturday at Willows Beach, the midways will be open to the public starting Friday.
Here is the full breakdown of events happening for the 55th annual Tea Party:
The midway will run at Willows Park on Friday, June 2nd from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Wristbands will be available for purchase and use on Friday only. The midway will run on Saturday, June 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Sunday, June 4th from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
55th Annual Oak Bay Tea Party Parade
The Tea Party Parade is an Oak Bay tradition. Beginning on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at Windsor Park, the parade winds through the streets of Oak Bay, ending at Willows Park about 45 minutes later.
ON THE STAGE:
- 11:45 a.m. Oak Bay High Concert Band
- 12:30 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 1:00 p.m. Oak Bay High Rhythm & Blues Band
- 2:00 p.m. Glenlyon-Norfolk School Band
- 3:00 p.m. Esquimalt High Rhythm & Blues Band
- 4:00 p.m. My Boulder House
- 5:00 p.m. West Coast REACH! Performing Company
- 5:45 p.m. Daniel Lapp & the BC Fiddle Orchestra
- 7:00 p.m. Groove Diggers
- 8:30 p.m. The Pacific Blue Stage Band of the Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy
- 10:00 p.m. FIREWORKS!!
ON THE WATER:
- 1:45 p.m. Oak Bay Sea Rescue Society RESCUE DEMONSTRATION
ON THE STAGE, ON THE WATER & IN THE AIR:
- 11:00 a.m. Coastline
- 11:45 a.m. Citizenship Affirmation Ceremony with Judge Gerald Pash
- 12:00 noon Rig-a-Jig Band
- 1:00 p.m. Bathtub Race
- 2:00 p.m. Air Show with Skydivers
- 3:00 p.m. Mayor’s Challenge Floating Teacup Race
- 4:00 p.m. Ladies’ Nail Driving Competition
- 4:45 p.m. Vic High Rhythm & Blues Band
- 6:00 p.m. Oak Bay Tea Party RAFFLE DRAW
We’ll see you there!