One of Victoria’s most iconic attractions is kicking off the Christmas season in style!
This Friday, December 1st, Butchart Gardens will throw the switch to kick off their “Magic of Christmas Season” with an official “light up” in front of the Rose Carousel at 5 p.m.
Numerous limited-time attractions will also be available at the Gardens from December through early January, including:
- Complimentary carousel rides
- Ice skating in Waterwheel Square (regular rates apply)
- Tens of thousands of Christmas lights
- The 12 days of Christmas display throughout The Gardens
- The Dining Room Restaurant re-opening for seasonal tea and a festive Christmas season dinner menu
- The Blue Poppy Restaurant re-opening for festive dinner dining
- Seasonal children’s activities
Thirty Years of Christmas Magic
Started in 1987, the lighting display is so large that The Butchart Gardens lighting crew is busy for a full two months installing it, and the accompanying festive decorations.
Each evening the Festive Brass and Traditional Carollers will perform in the crisp night air, with hot chocolate and other Christmas treats nearby to warm you up in the cozy confines of the Gardens’ Coffee Shop.
For a more formal dining experience, enjoy a meal in The Dining Room Restaurant with a special “Magic of Christmas” Menu.
And kids (12 and under) can bring a hand-crafted snowflake and trade it at the coffee shop for a free hot chocolate!