It’s every kid’s dream! Well, this and visiting Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.
Toys ‘R’ Us Canada has an incredible job opening for a Chief Play Officer (CPO) who would have one big responsibility: to test out all the toys in the store and recommend their favourites to parents and gift-givers across the country.
The position has been made open to 10-12 year olds in Canada as the company’s current CPO, Émile Burbidge, is retiring to focus on high school.
The CPO gets the opportunity to exclusively receive the year’s hottest toys before they hit the shelves, get “toy training” from vendors, serve as Toys ‘R’ Us Canada’s spokesperson, and travel across Canada for media appearances.
“My experience being the Chief Play Officer for Toys “R” Us Canada can be summed up in three words…dream come true,” said Burbidge in a release.
“I’ve had an awesome time travelling all over Canada to cities like Vancouver and Ottawa and talking and playing with the newest and best toys. It’s now time to pass the toy box over to the newest CPO and I can’t wait to get the search started. For kids who love to play this is an opportunity not to be missed.”
Parents and guardians are asked to visit August 21, 2018.to review the and submit an entry video before
- Contestants must be between 10 and 12 years of age at the time of entry.
- To excel in the role of CPO, kids must enjoy speaking in front of a camera or a group, be energetic and outgoing, and have a talent for sharing what they love about toys.
- During the video (up to two minutes), contestants must show why they should be Toys “R” Us Canada’s next Chief Play Officer and highlight their favourite toy, game or gadget and what makes it so great.
- If a contestant is bilingual they are encouraged to show off their skills in both English and French.
- All eligible videos will be evaluated based on originality, creativity and enthusiasm.
“Toys “R” Us Canada is here to play and here to stay, and as part of this commitment we are excited to announce that we are hiring our next Chief Play Officer,” said Melanie Teed-Murch, President, Toys “R” Us Canada, in a release.
“This is one of the most exciting positions in our company because there is no better way for us to know our consumers and Canadian children than to have one as a trusted advisor.”
A total of 10 finalists will have the opportunity to travel to Toronto for an interview and final audition. The winner will become Toys ‘R’ Us Canada’s next Chief Play Officer, and be awarded a one-year contract starting January 2019.