The fog is out, the rain is back, and the coffee joints are packed with customers.
Whether it’s Starbucks, Tim Hortons, or your local mom-and-pop shop, everyone’s making the same drink that we’re all clamouring for: a classic pumpkin spice latte (or a PSL, as the kids are calling it these days).
Whether you think it’s the best thing that happened to the beverage industry since the discovery of coffee, or that the PSL is vastly overrated, we know you’ll agree on one thing: they’re extremely fun to make!
So we’re about to tell you how you can brew a cup for yourself and a companion.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1-3 tbsp sugar (depending on personal preference)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/2 cup strong, hot coffee
- Whipped cream for serving
Once you’ve got everything together:
- Pour milk into a saucepan on medium heat, and add the pumpkin purée and sugar. Do not boil,
- Once the mixture is hot, remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice blend, and coffee.
- Divide the mixture into two mugs, top up with whipped cream, add sprinkles of pumpkin spice blend.
- Cheers, and enjoy!
Head over to your local grocery store today to pick up all these ingredients (and anything else your heart desires), and get started.
If you try this recipe, share a photo of the results in the comments below!