Just in time for some Christmas shopping, Mayfair Shopping centre announced that its 2 years massive renovation project is complete.
The two year, $72 million project includes 100,000 more square feet of leasable area, and nine new retailers.
The shopping centre’s infrastructure has also been upgraded, with two more floors of rooftop parking that can accommodate over 2000 more vehicles.
Mayfair is celebrating its re-opening Thursday night with a Winter Fashion Show & Social, and vendor showcasing space, CONNECT.
“There’s never been a more exciting time to come to Mayfair,” said Laura Poland, Mayfair’s General Manager in a press release. “We want to thank all our customers for their patience and support during our construction period.”
The Winter Fashion Show is a ticketed event that has already been sold out, with all proceeds from the night going towards Bridges for Women, a local charity that supports women impacted by violence. Make sure to check out Victoria Buzz’s Instagram story feed tonight for sneak peeks of the show.
CONNECT is a space within Mayfair that highlights seven different local vendors every day (with 6 more every weekend). The event started on November 1st and will run through New Year’s Eve, 2018. Some of the new vendors you can find at CONNECT are:
- Bru Bike – A Victoria-based coffee shop that offers locally roasted, fair trade coffee beverages
- Fired Up! – An awesome paint and pottery studio that has fun drop-in art classes and canvas painting sessions for artists of all skills.
- Flux and Stone – A local, hand-crafted jewelry retailer that captures the west coast’s wild beauty.
- Pina Styles – Based out of Ucluelet and Tofino, this company digitally and hand prints original west-coast art on clothing and accessories
- Rootside – Cocktails a more than just liquor, and this Esquimalt-based business knows that best cocktail mixers are made with all natural, locally grown ingredients.
- Salt Spring Island Candle Co. – These soy candles are natural, hand-poured, and have unique scents inspired by Canada’s west coast.
- Sugar Sandwich Designs – Do you remember your parents telling you to buy clothes that were just a little too big so you could ‘grow into them’? Well this business makes things easy by featuring Grow Along Babywear that’s designed to grow as your baby does.
In August, Mayfair announced that Chapters would be relocating to the shopping centre and rebranding to its Canadian entity, Indigo.
In the same month, a Sports Chek, Saje Natural Wellness, and expanded Aritzia opened in the newly added area.