Congrats on making it to Wednesday! Keep your momentum going with our list of 5 things to do in and around Victoria today, Wednesday January 30.
Mozart & Martinis starts right after work at 5:30 p.m., giving you the perfect opportunity to enjoy a classy beverage, some appetizers, and then sit back, relax, and listen to the Victoria Symphony fill a unique venue with the sounds of Mozart and more.
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Atrium, 800 Yates Street, Victoria, BC
Join Cathy Armstrong and TLC’s volunteer docents in discussing the legacy that lead to the creation of Abkhazi Garden, a local community treasure. A love story fraught with privilege and tragedy, the tale of Peggy Pemberton-Carter and Prince Nicholas Abkhazi is fitting for a blockbuster movie plot. Living in exile since escaping the Bolshevik Revolution, the Prince met Peggy in Paris in 1922. Though World War II saw them held in prisoner of war camps more than 8,000 km. apart, the two found their way back to one another to become engaged in New York City in 1946, and begin their new lives together in what would become known as Abkhazi Garden.
- When: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: The Land Conservancy of British Columbia, 302 Denison Road
Assemble your team of 6 for the UVic Global Brigades 2019 Dodgeball Tournament held at Flying Squirrel! Click here for more details.
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Flying Squirrel Victoria, 808 Viewfield Road
Another Wednesday means another comedy night at The Mint!
Come see what all the hype is about as Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance bring Victorian comedians together for a raucous night of laughs.
- When: Show starts at 8:00 p.m.
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
Tyler Shaw is a platinum-selling artist, producer and actor. The Chinese-Canadian released his hit song “Kiss Goodnight” in 2012, and the melodic track quickly hit platinum sales.
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue