We’ve made it to the weekend, Victoria!
This second-to-last March weekend has lots in store, including Victoria’s largest comic con, hockey playoff games, puppies + drinks, clothing swaps, and so much more!
Without further ado, here are 14 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend.
Fulfill your childhood dreams with three jam-packed days of curious fun at the largest comic convention on Vancouver Island!
Celebrate this year’s convention by taking in all of the comics, gaming, cosplay, exhibitors, nerdy burlesque, panels, workshops and more spread out over 98,000 square feet of the beautiful Crystal Gardens and Victoria Conference Centre.
- When: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sunday, 10:a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Conference Centre and Crystal Gardens, 713 Douglas Street
The WHL’s playoff season has officially begun, and the Victoria Royals’ continue to battle it out against their first opponents, the Kamloops Blazers!
Today is also “Merch Madness”, so don’t miss your chance for to pick up Royals swag for 50% to 80% off!
- When: Puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
Come hang out with some of Victoria’s most adorable and adoptable puppies while filling up a growler at Phillips Brewery!
The animals are from the Flirting with Fid Animal Rescue. Just make sure to bring a pen in case you end up falling in love with one of the little guys!
- When: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Phillips Brewing & Malting Co., 2010 Government Street
Need we say more?
Now’s your chance to win some awesome prizes and enjoy an electric night of fun hosted by Electra Socket and guest host Shelita Cox!
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Paparazzi Nightclub, 642 Johnson Street
Think you’re a pro at one of Victoria’s newest and popular sports? Prove it as you raise money for charity at this Spikeball tournament for Power To Be!
Power To Be is a nonprofit organization that empowers people living with a barrier or disability by letting them explore their abilities through inclusive adventures rooted in nature.
- When: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Topaz Park, Finlayson Street and Balnchard Street
The 16th Tour de Bloc competition is coming to Victoria’s Boulder House Climbing gym today!
Come down to watch or participate in this fun competition, with categories for recreational, experienced, open, or master rock climbers.
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Where: Boulder House Climbing, 2829 Quesnel Street
The Robert Bateman Centre is opening its doors to youth for FREE during spring break!
Children will get full access to the centre’s interactive Birdsong Gallery, Virtual Reality Experience and multi-media video, and more!
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: The Robert Bateman Centre, 470 Bellveille Street
Head down to the Victoria Public Market’s community kitchen to watch this classic combination come to life!
Participants will learn how to make spicy tomato basil soup and a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich from scratch, and they’ll of course get to munch on some at the end of class. Admission is only $10!
- When: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Public Market – Community Kitchen, 1701 Douglas Street
This annual 5 km family run/walk has returned for the 28th anniversary of the disappearance of 4-year-old Victoria boy, Michale Dunahee.
Proceeds from the run will go towards Child Find BC, a note-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to the personal safety of children in the province.
- When: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Esquimalt Recreation Centre, 527 Fraser Street
Do some of your outfits no longer “spark joy”? Maybe they’re perfect for someone new!
Bring your quality used items and a reusable bag to the Saanich Neighbourhood Place for a fun day of swapping clothes. There is a $10 admission free with all proceeds going towards refugee sponsorships.
- When: 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Saanich Neighbourhood Place, 3100 Tillicum Road
Want to see a glimpse of what roamed Victoria millions of years ago? Dinosaurs, trilobites, ammonites, enormous clams, and sharks lived in the ancient tropical coral seas and palm tree forests that used to covered Vancouver Island.
At this Fossil Fair, families can bring their own fossils for identification, kids can take part in a scavenger hunt or make fossil rubbings, and paleontologists will share their personal fossil discoveries!
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary, 3873 Swan Lake Road
Start your Sunday at the Church of the Treasured Find! It’s the perfect place to find vintage, repurposed, refreshed and handmade treasures for house and garden.
Come check out the treasures that draw the crowds every week and talk with the old timers about local history and other weird stuff.
- When: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Flea Market, 411 Gorge Road East
Now’s your chance to find one-of-a-kind vintage and retro clothing at this adorable pop-up shop nestled in Fan Tan Alley!
Besides outfits, the pop-up shop will also feature jewelry and accessories.
- When: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Hussy Boutique, 14 Fan Tan Alley
In need of a new profile picture?
Come check out the Room, a FREE interactive pop-up exhibition at Uptown Shopping Centre that’s designed to provide the perfect environment for some quality pics. There’s one dozen displays available so take your pick!
- When: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Uptown, 3440 Saanich Road