Happy Tuesday, Victoria!
We’re officially in the last week of March, can you believe it? On today’s agenda we spring breka activities for children, educational improv, cool ways to volunteer for the city, and more!
Without further ado here are 5 things to do in and round Victoria today.
Spring Break means games, crafts, songs, and hands-on activities at the Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sactuary Society!
Visitors can expecct outdoor guided walks and live animals during the Snake Spectacular event. The guided walks will be on uneven terrain so be sure to wear sturdy shoes and bring a water bottle and snack if desire!
- Tuesday, March 26: Swan Lake Trails Discovery
- Wednesday, March 27: Snake Spectacular
- Thursday, March 28: Christmas Hill Wildflower Walk
- When: It’s Admission by donation March 25-28 from 12 to 3 p.m. drop-in anytime.
- Where: Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary Society, 3873 Swan Lake Road
Love it or hate it, everyone has to make small talk. If your chatting skills need some improvement, now’s your chance with Be Improv!
Learn how to up your small talk game with master improviser, Brett MacDonald. Brett uses her improv principles and exercise to help people feel relaxed and more comfortable with themselves and conversing with others.
- When: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Where: The Watershed, 500-1112 Fort Street
Join the City of Victoria and Canadian Red Cross for a volunteer fair and learn about volunteering with Victoria’s Emergency Social Services (ESS) and Cyclist Response Teams (CRT).
There will be displays and a chane to talk to representatives from each volunteer team. training is free but volunteers must be 18 or older and have a valid driver’s license.
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
Tuesdays can only mean one thing, it’s a swing jazz and speakeasy kind of night! Get ready to step back in time to 1928 and listen to live swing jazz, sip on classic cocktails, and of course, dance!
Bootleggers and cocktail drinkers experienced or new are welcome, but people who know the speakeasy’s secret word will get one free drink!
- When: 8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
The Robert Bateman Centre is opening its doors to youth for FREE during spring break!
Children will get full access to the centre, including the interactive Birdsong Gallery, Virtual Reality Experience and multi-media video, and more!
- When: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: The Robert Bateman Centre, 470 Bellveille Street