It’s Monday, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end. From learning to roller-skate to discussing new housing initiatives, here are five things to do in Victoria today, April 15.
Learn to skate! A fun way to learn the thrill of roller-skating for the 4-9 year old age group is welcome to join us for six lessons sessions! Must have all safety gear: skates, helmet, knee/elbow pads and wrist guards.
- When: 6:15 p.m.
- Where: Archie Browning Sports Centre, 1151 Esquimalt Road
Join Tanille Geib and community members in Victoria’s live talk show and community space all about sexuality at the Victoria Event Centre! We will bask in knowledge of sexuality with guests who have an intimate connection with the topic of the month.
We will celebrate self expression in an artistic way by inviting artists to perform aspects of their own sexuality or perspectives. We will delve into weekly popular media with a critical thinking discussion. We will create a space where community can gather and experience a sex positive, celebratory way of exploring sexuality. We will do it together.
- When: 7:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
The City of Victoria’s Strategic Plan identifies a suite of new housing initiatives aimed to increase housing affordability and provide support for renters.
Guided by priorities identified in the Strategic Plan, stakeholder input from a recent Housing Summit held in March, and community input, we are revising the Victoria Housing Strategy to create a roadmap for achieving improved housing affordability.
You are invited to learn more about key priorities identified for the updated Victoria Housing Strategy.
- When: 4:00 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: City of Victoria – Local Government, 1 Centennial Square
Have you ever wished you could mend your own clothes? This workshop will help you get started on your journey to extend the life of your favourite clothes and save you some cash!
In this workshop you will learn:
– Helpful tools you’ll need to mend and repair clothing at home
– How to approach mending according fabric type
– How to create patches that blend in OR stand out
– Replacing buttons
– Fixing holes on a seam
– Patching holes on knees, elbows and pant crotch
Skill requirements: You must have basic sewing machine sewing experience to take part in this workshop.
- When: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: The Makehouse, #400-2950 Douglas Street
Open Mic at The Mint with Pete McMastar and Morris Code. Come showcase your talent, whether it’s music, comedy, dance, spoken word or poetry.. you name it! Registration begins at 7:30 p.m. with the showcase starting at 8 p.m. and continuing until 11 p.m.
Pete and Mo will be bringing some instruments to get some jams going!Not a performer? Head down and support your faves while enjoying your favourite food and drinks at The Mint!
- When: 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Where: The Mint Victoria, 1414 Douglas Street