From stopping by the Bay Centre to say hi to us and grabbing a free potted plant to dancing the evening away with July Talk, here are 5 things to do in Victoria today, Wednesday April 17th.
We here at Victoria Buzz are teaming up with the Bay Centre to give you a free spring potted plant to nurture, in celebration of Earth Month. All you have to do is be one of the first 200 people to come say hi to us in centre court of the Bay Centre.
- When: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: The Bay Centre, 1150 Douglas Street
Head down to Ditch Records for a chance to meet and chat with indie-rock band July Talk!
The event is free but the band is accepting donations of non-perishable food items for local food banks.
- When: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Ditch Records & CDs, 784 Fort Street
Two massive Canadian bands are kicking off their 12-part Canadian tour right here in Victoria! Don’t miss your chance to see the two indie-rock giants perform at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
- When: Doors open at 6 p.m. and show starts at 6:45 p.m.
- Where: Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
- Tickets: Online here
Timothy Wilson Hoey be bringing his latest collection dubbed “Heroes” down to the brewery. You don’t want to miss this! There’ll be some incredible art for sale at some insane prices so bring cash…
- When: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Phillips Brewing & Malting Company, 2010 Government Street
We can’t leave our fur-babies out of the fun! Pack up Rover and Fluffy and take them on a car ride to Westshore Town Centre!
One evening only! Bring your furry family member for photos with the Easter bunny! Doggos will receive an Easter treat just for visiting. Enter and exit through the Coast Capital Savings mall entrance. Well-behaved pets only please.
- When: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Westshore Town Centre, 2945 Jacklin Road