For the second year in a row, we’re so excited to announce that we’re going to be streaming the much-anticipated Island Farms Victoria Day Parade, and you’ll be able to tune in to watch LIVE!
Here are the different ways you can view our livestream, on various different platforms:
On your TV:
- Via HDMI (from computer)
- You’ll need an HDMI cord, and your TV must have an HDMI port
- Run HDMI cord from computer to TV
- Access livestream via our Facebook page or website
- Once livestream begins, your computer screen should cast to your TV!
Two ways you can watch Facebook videos on a TV:
Streaming Facebook videos to your TV
- Make sure your TV is connected to a streaming device (example: Chromecast, Apple TV or Samsung TV) and is on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device or computer.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device or computer and find the video you’d like to stream.
- Tap the video to expand it to full screen mode.
- Tap in the top right of the video.
- Select the TV where you’d like the video to play.
Download the Facebook Watch TV App
- Go to the app store for your television platform (see the list of supported TVs and devices) and download the Facebook Watch TV app.
- Open the Watch app on your TV, then click Continue.
3. You’ll see a screen with a code:
4. To confirm the code that appears on your TV, open the Facebook app on a mobile device, then tap the notification at the top and tap Confirm. Or, you can go to facebook.com/device on a computer or phone and enter the code manually.
On your phone, tablet or computer:
You can join familiar face Nicole Bentham and her co-host Jonathan Knox as they host this year’s prestigious event, alongside a special guest appearance by the one and only Gordie Tupper!
Brought to our beautiful city by the Greater Victoria Festival Society, the Victoria Buzz live stream of the parade will utilize multiple high definition cameras to bring you a crystal clear view of the downtown core as it buzzes with excitement.
You’ll be able to watch the action live as it happens – even if you can’t be there in person -thanks to our presenting sponsor Fairway Markets, as well as Sitka Law Group, Five Star Whale Watching and Mayfair Shopping Centre.
The parade itself starts at Mayfair Mall at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 20th and continues along Douglas Street, finishing at the intersection of Douglas and Courtney Street. Our live stream will be located across the street from Victoria City Hall, and will begin once the parade reaches this point.
Watch last year’s live broadcast here:
- When: Monday, May 20th – start time is 9 a.m.
- Where: The parade begins at Mayfair Mall and continues along Douglas Street, finishing at the intersection of Douglas and Courtney Streets