Happy Thursday, Victoria!
From free all-ages metal concerts to the weekly community favourite Sidney Street Market, here are 5 things to do in and around Victoria today.
The Victoria Fringe Festival is in full swing, and the Summer Bucket List is just one of many awesome shows going on today!
The Summer Bucket List revolves around two best friends on a celebration of summer, girlhood, and female rage. “As they check off each item they uncover difficult truths about themselves and the women in their lives,” reads the play description.
- When: 6:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Where: Blue Bridge Repertory Theatre, 2657 Quadra Street
Vancouver Island’s annual Metal Festival returns today to kick off its exciting three day run!
The festival starts at 5:00 p.m. in Centennial Square for all-ages performance plus a 19+ beverage garden. Then, at 9:00 p.m., adult only shows begin at Logan’s Pub, featuring 4 live metal bands.
- When: All ages show begins at 5:00 p.m. | 19+ show begins at 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Square | Logan’s Pub, 1821 Cook Street
Thursdays in the summer can only mean one thing, it’s time for the Sidney Street Market!
Open every Thursday night until the end of August, join nearly 5,000 people as they walk the streets of Sidney browsing local baked goods, produce, jewelry, live music, and more.
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Beacon Avenue, Sidney
Head down to the Bateman Foundation Gallery of Nature for a FREE presentation on the many species of BC’s bats.
Many bats in the province are endangered, and speakers will highlight current projects on Vancouver Island that are working to protect the animals. The presentation will begin with a drink reception hosted by Spinnakers Brewpub.
- When: 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Bateman Foundation Gallery of Nature, 470 Belleville Stree
Don’t miss Esquimalt’s huge seasonal outdoor Farmer’s Market!
The market helps support local growers and producers who use environmentally sound farming practices and helps build connections within the community. And of course, the food is tasty, local, and fresh!
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Memorial Park, 1230 Esquimalt Road