Are you ready to get weird, Victoria?
Rock comedy legend “Weird Al” Yankovic” is ready to take centre stage at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre on Wednesday August 21st, to bring you some of his greatest hits live in concert.
Victoria is one of the stops on Weird Al’s 64-city “Strings Attached” North America tour, described as a “high-energy, rock and comedy show featuring costumes, props, a video wall, and – for the first time – a full orchestra.”
The Grammy award winning artist’s last tour – called the “Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour” in 2018 – was meant for his most hardcore fans and featured a set list of non-parody album tracks.
“I wanted to follow up my most bare-bones tour ever with my most elaborate and extravagant tour ever,” said Al, in a press release. “We’re pulling out all the stops for this one.”
Best known for parodies like “Eat It,” “Like A Surgeon,” “Smells Like Nirvana,” “Amish Paradise,” “White & Nerdy,” and “Tacky”, Al recently received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
He will also be performing in Vancouver, Abbotsford, and Calgary, as well as 61 cities in the U.S.
Here are “Weird Al” Yankovic’s tour dates in Canada:
- Monday, August 19 – Vancouver, BC – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Wednesday, August 21 – Victoria, BC – Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
- Thursday, August 22 – Abbotsford, BC – Abbotsford Centre
- Saturday, August 24 – Calgary, AB – Jack Singer Concert Hall
“Weird Al” Yankovic Strings Attached 2019 – Victoria
- When: Wednesday, August 21st 2019, 8 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard St
- Admission: Tickets start at $45 – Click here to purchase.