Several BC Ferries sailings have been cancelled this morning and afternoon due to heavy wind gusts in southern B.C.
The cancellations are on the Victoria-Vancouver and Vancouver-Nanaimo routes.
The following sailings have been cancelled:
Spirit of Vancouver Island:
- 11:00 a.m. departing Swartz Bay terminal
- 1:00 p.m. departing Tsawwassen terminal
Spirit of British Columbia:
- 11:00 a.m. departing Tsawwassen terminal
- 1:00 p.m. departing Swartz Bay terminal
Queen of Cowichan:
- 10:40 a.m. departing Departure Bay
- 1:00 p.m. departing Horseshoe Bay
This morning, Environment Canada issued wind warnings for Greater Victoria, the Southern Gulf Islands, and the Lower Mainland, as gusts are expected to reach up to 90 km/h.
High winds are expected to abate across Greater Victoria by this afternoon, but may prevail until the evening for the southern Gulf Islands and Lower Mainland.
Check the BC Ferries Twitter feed for instant updates on sailings, delays, and cancellations.