Welcome back to Monday. From supporting local businesses to checking out the amazing Gingerbread houses at the Parkside Hotel, here are five things to do in and around Victoria today, Monday November 18th.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Parkside Hotel! The showcase brings people of all skill levels together to compete against each other in a gingerbread house-making competition.
- When: November 16th – Sunday, January 5th, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m
- Where: Atrium of the Parkside Hotel, 810 Humboldt Street
Spinnakers are hosting a trade tasting. Being that that space is limited, you must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to attend.
At the tasting, you will be able to…
- Learn more about our latest seasonal beers, year rounds, as well as our barrel ageing program. Samples will be available.
- They have also started distilling and are currently serving their Botanical Beach London Dry Gin & Breakwater Vodka in house. Not only will you be able to sample them, but you will also learn more about the packaging plans.
- They have been working hard at generating a fresh new look and have been rolling out some new labels the past few months. This event will give you an opportunity to learn more about our long term plans & vision for the future.
- When: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Spinnakers Brewpub, 308 Catherine Street
An award-winning author, chemist, and Holocaust survivor will be delivering a talk at the University of Victoria today.
Inge Auerbacher is a survivor of the Theresienstadt or Terezin ghetto, where she and her parents were deported to in 1942.
- When: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: University of Victoria, Bob Wright Centre, Room A104
The eighth annual Think Local Week has just begun as the holiday shopping season in Greater Victoria starts to heat up! The main goal of this event is to encourage more people to shop local, and in turn, support our community.
In celebration, Think Local Week want to treat you to some locally-sourced goodies with an over $500 prize pack from Victoria businesses – enter here!
- When: November 18th-24th
- Where: Businesses in and around Greater Victoria – View directory
Going from day hikes to an overnight hiking trip can feel like a big leap – until you take this clinic. This session teaches you what gear you need and how to pack like a pro for a successful night under the stars in the backcountry.
- When: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Where: MEC Victoria, 1450 Government Street