From Festival of Trees at the Bay Centre to a partaking in the community arts program, here are 5 things to do to in and around Victoria to kick off the new week.
The Festival of Trees is back at the Bay Centre! A community tradition that has become the unofficial kick-off to the holiday season in Victoria. Head down to the Bay Centre, grab your favourite holiday beverage, and tour the trees that have been beautifully decorated.
Support BC Children’s Hospital by making a donation and voting for your favourite tree–you. Funds raised through this event help meet the most critical health needs of kids in BC.
- When: Trees are on display until January 6 during opening hours
- Where: The Bay Centre, 1150 Douglas Street
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Parkside Hotel! The showcase brings people of all skill levels together to compete against each other in a gingerbread house-making competition.
- When: November 16th – Sunday, January 5th, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m
- Where: Atrium of the Parkside Hotel, 810 Humboldt Street
A rare artifact crucial to determining hitherto unknown facts about the ancient Mayan civilization has just made its way to Victoria.
- When: On until December 31, 2019
- Where: Royal BC Museum, 675 Belleville Street
Four rounds of complete random obscure knowledge including movies, music, sports, science, geography and possible things found in a hardware store …who knows!
- When: 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Where: Christies Carriage House Pub, 1739 Fort Street
The Community Arts Program is a low-barrier, cost free program for adults looking to express themselves through drawing, painting, crafts, etc. The studio at the Downtown Community Centre is stocked with supplies and our volunteers will assist you in your creative journey.
- When: 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Community Centre, 755 Pandora Avenue