Victorians can once again brave February’s chill and raise money for hungry, homeless, and less fortunate people in Victoria.
For the third straight year, Our Place Society is participating in Canada’s National Walk for Homelessness, a family-friendly walk that takes place next year on February 22nd, 2020.
Cities and charities all across Canada are involved with the walk, and last year Our Place raised over $56,000 from the evening. This year, their goal is $65,000.
The downtown Victoria walk starts and ends at the Our Place building at 919 Pandora Avenue. There is also a walk in the Westshore, as well, hosted by Our Place Society Westshore and Pacific Centre Family Services Association.
Children under the age of 10 can walk for free, while anybody older can pay a $25 fee or pledge to raise money.
Participants can choose to walk two, five, or 10 kilometres, with plenty of rest stops and signs along each route, and anybody who registers can enjoy a light meal provided by Our Place, as well.
So wrap up well and grab your in-soles and see you in 2020!
Registration is open now on the Our Place website.
- When: Saturday, February 22nd 2020
- 4:00 PM: Arrive at registration (for walkers and volunteers)
- 5:00-5:15 PM: Opening ceremonies kick off and walk officially starts!
- 6:00 PM: Registration closes and dinner service starts.
- 8:00 PM: Walk closes, and the event is officially over.
- Where: Our Place Society (919 Pandora Avenue)
- Admission: Registration Fees to participate in the walks are –
- Children (aged 0-10): Free
- Youth (aged 11-17): $25 or a pledge to fundraise at least $75
- Adults (aged 18+): $25 or a pledge to fundraise at least $150
If you are interested in joining or captaining a team or have any questions, you can contact Steven Seltzer, Our Place Society’s Special Events & Corporate Giving Manager, at 250-940-5064 or email@example.com.
For more information, check out the Our Place Society website.