We’ll cut to the chase: this is a list of some of Victoria’s most affordable, interesting, and delicious wing destinations!
Whether you’re looking to save money on going out or love wings but want to jazz them up a little, these restaurants are for you.
Don’t Break the Bank
With the least expensive wings in Victoria and over 50(!) flavours to choose from, Hecklers is a stand-out when it comes to Wednesday wing nights.
- Wings: $4.90/ten
- When: Wednesdays after 4 p.m.
- Where: 123 Gorge Rd
Amazing wings at a price even students can afford.
- Wings: $6.50/ten
- When: Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. — 12 a.m.
- Where: 3800 Finnerty Rd
Why have one wing night when you could have two?
- Wings: at least 50% off (regular $13)
- When: Wednesdays and Fridays, 5 p.m. — close
- Where: 3944 Quadra St
What goes together better than wings and local craft beer?
- Wings: $6/lb
- When: Wednesdays 5 p.m. to close
- Where: 350B Bay St
Have your wings with a side of music bingo!
- Wings: $6.50
- When: Wednesdays, 4 p.m. — 10 p.m.
- Where: 299 Gorge Rd E
A cozy Victoria institution, Maude’s is a timeless spot to spend your Wednesday wing night.
- Wings: $7/lb wings
- When: Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. — 12 a.m.
- Where: 3810 Shelbourne St
The roomy patio is sure to complement your wings once the weather warms up, but for now just enjoy them with the pub’s old-fashioned charm.
- Wings: $7/lb
- When: Mondays, 3 p.m. — 11:30 p.m.
- Where: 2581 Penrhyn St
Tucked alongside the Gorge Waterway, Gorge Pointe is your classic neighbourhood pub, perfect for casual wings between friends.
- Wings: $8/dozen
- When: Tuesdays, 11 a.m. — 12 p.m.
- Where: 1075 Tillicum Rd
Happy hour wings means affordable wings every day!
- Wings: $8.50/lb wings
- When: Monday — Sunday, 3 p.m — 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. to close
- Where: 199 Island Hwy
Try Something New
The Tartan Toque is lauded as one of Victoria’s best restaurants for wings. With 24 house-made sauces and a choice of chicken or tofu wings, it’s quality, variety, and affordability all in one.
- Wings: $8.50/10 reg or tofu wings
- When: Wednesdays, all day
- Where: 1507 Pandora Ave
Monkey Tree is right: thirteen wings are better than twelve. 17 flavours are nothing to scoff at, either — have you ever tried madras wings?
- Wings: $12/baker’s dozen
- When: Daily, 3 p.m. — 6 p.m.
- Where: 4025 Borden St
Chicken on the Run’s unique “broasting” method (deep frying under pressure) makes their wings extra juicy without undue amounts of grease.
- Wings: $2.5/singe, $14/ten, $26/twenty
- When: Monday — Sunday, 3 p.m. — 9:30 p.m.
- Where: 405 Craigflower Rd
Have you ever had to sign a waiver before eating at a restaurant? You will if you dare to try Bucky’s Diablo wings!
- Wings: $8.50/lb
- When: Wednesdays, 11 a.m. — 11 p.m.
- Where: 2668 Sooke Rd
For those craving something a little off the beaten path, try Heron Rock’s duck wings with orange coriander vinaigrette.
- Wings: $10/lb
- When: Monday — Sunday, 3 p.m — 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. — 10 p.m.
- Where: 435 Simcoe St
Tired of fiddling with tiny bones and drumettes? Go big with a plate of massive turkey wings at Chuck’s!
- Wings: $9/2lbs
- When: Monday — Sunday, 2:30 p.m — 5:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to close
- Where: 2031 Malaview Ave; 538 Yates St
Ma Miller’s boasts that their Monster Wings are the “biggest wings in town” — why not go and judge for yourself? There are 19 flavours to choose from!
- Wings: $10.95 monster, $8.95 regular
- When: Wednesdays, all day
- Where: 2903 Sooke Lake Rd
Perfect for vegans and vegetarians who want to join in on the wonder that is wings – with one minor alteration.
- Cauli wings: $9
- When: Monday — Sunday, 10 a.m. — 6 p.m.
- Where: 6-1701 Douglas St
More cauliflower wings! Seriously, even skeptical carnivores like them.
- Wings: $5
- When: Monday — Sunday, 3 p.m. — 6 p.m.
- Where: 919 Douglas St
Did we miss your favourite? Do you know where to get even cheaper and wilder wings? Let us know in the comments!