Ready to catch some local hockey action, or is nerd culture more your style?
No matter what your guilty pleasure is, Victoria’s got it goin’ on this Wednesday – and you’re all invited!
With the Royals sitting at the #2 spot in the BC Division, every game (and point) counts! Don’t miss them battling out against the visiting Calgary Hitmen as they start their march toward the 2020 WHL Playoffs.
- When: Doors open at 6 p.m.; puck drops at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, 1925 Blanshard Street
- Cost: Tickets available online and at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre box office
It’s time for the February edition of Nerd Nite Victoria of 2020, where enthusiasts talk about their passion in an informal atmosphere. Their audience is anyone interested in science, geeky subjects and other passions. Our talks this month: Ali Calladine – “Economics is the death of cinema”, Fernando RJ – “Fifty shades of dentistry”, James McFarlane – “Hey Siri, make me a new drug”.
- Where: Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Cost: $10
The funniest way to spend a Wednesday is Phillips Comedy Night at The Mint! Each week Morgan Cranny and Drew Farrance bring the most hilarious comedian’s in the city together for a wonderful evening of food, drink and fun!
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas St
- When: 8 p.m.
- Cost: $10
- Where: Royal Canadian Legion Branch 91, 761 Station Avenue
- When: 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Cost: Admission is free
Tongues of Fire is our twice-monthly spoken word open mic. You’ll hear (up to) 5-minute sets from 12 local performers, plus a 25-minute set from our featured poet.
- Where: Caffè Fantastico Specialty Coffees, 965 Kings Road
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $6 – $10