The blossoms are out, spring is in the air and the weekend has arrived!
From checking out a show room to beer week to a comedy show, here are 14 things to do in and around Victoria this weekend, March 7th and March 8th.
View our top 30 locations to see the cherry blossoms in Victoria, or check out the City of Victoria’s interactive map of other spots to catch the blooms around town.
Don’t forget to tag us in all of your pics using #VictoriaBuzz on Instagram.
- Where: In and around Victoria
- When: Day and Night
Nine straight days of the best ales, lagers, and pilsners that Victoria has to offer? Yes, please! The seventh annual Victoria Beer Week kicked off today, Friday, March 6th and runs until Saturday, March 14th and features the best of the best craft breweries in B.C.
- Where: Various locations around Victoria
- When: Friday, March 6th to Saturday, March 14th
- Cost: Range from $15 to $75 (varies for each event) and can be purchased through TicketRocket or by phoning 250-590-6291
Drop-in seed swap table with seeds for sharing and information about growing and saving seeds. Sign out the varieties that interest you, and then return seeds from your healthiest or tastiest crops to share with others.
- Where: Greater Victoria Public Library, 735 Broughton Street
- When: Saturday March 7th, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Cost: Free
There will be a range of local vendors, craftsmen, and artists. Enjoy their wares, grab some lunch, and listen to live music! Market Madness is on every Saturday in March.
- Where: Victoria Public Market, 1701 Douglas Street
- When: Saturday March 7th, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
You can celebrate Paper Bag Princess Day with Munro’s Books on March 7. There will be crafts, treats, and a Stand Up to Dragons tote bag signed by Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko. Costumes encouraged!
- Where: Munro’s Books, 1108 Government Street
- When: Saturday March 7th, 2 p.m.
- Cost: Free
Brush up on your knot-tying skills with our “Knotty” Coffee Table Decor workshop! Workshop leaders will guide you through the process of creating your own “knotty” coasters and napkin rings. Our interpretative guide will also share stories of the classic boats that have called the coast of BC home.
- Where: The Maritime Museum of BC, 634 Humboldt Street
- When: Saturday March 7th, 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cost: $19.99
Music from the farm, the cities, the solares, typical Cuban parties, and popular dances, will all be found at this show. This is an event to listen, watch, or dance if you wish to, as it is designed to make you feel as if you were in Cuba.
- Where: Saturday March 7th, Victoria Event Centre, 1415 Broad Street
- When: 8 p.m.
- Cost: $22
The much-anticipated event is happening this weekend on March 7th and March 8th at Pearkes Recreation Centre in Saanich, and with International Women’s Day on the horizon, we can’t think of a better way to spend the weekend than to indulge in some serious gal-pal time and celebrate all things lady.
- Where: Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
- Saturday March 7th, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday March 8th, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cost: Get your tickets here
This weekend, GableCraft Homes is hosting of a one-of-a-kind Grand Opening event to showcase one of the brand new Royal Bay show homes – and Victoria Buzz will be on location to join them. On Saturday, March 7th, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., you could be walking through your future home for the first time!
- Where: Show Home Grand Opening – West Commons, 300 Caspian Drive
- When: Saturday March 7th, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The event collects donations for individuals who are homeless or living in poverty who may have difficulty accessing hygiene necessities.
Last year, the Period Promise collected over 66,000 items, and in 2018, 33,000 – including pads, tampons, diva cups, and more – meaning that many more women and youth in the CRD had access to supplies.
- Where: Hillside Shopping Centre – Hillside Centre parking lot, North Dairy Road and Wordsworth Street
- When: Saturday March 7th, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Learn what soap is, where it comes from, how it’s made, and you’ll make your own luxurious 3-pound batch (8 to 12 bars) of natural soap, customized with your choice of colour and scent. Get a ton of tips and tricks to ensure that every batch of soap will work out perfectly, and you will receive a free, re-useable silicone mold, so you can easily practice your soap making at home!
- Where: The Good Planet Company, 764 Fort Street
- When: Sunday March 8th, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Cost: $59.99
This event is for all singles who are looking to make local connections, whether for friendship, dating, or more! Forget the pressure of one-on-one dates, messaging, and dating apps! At our past events, singles have said they enjoy the relaxed group atmosphere! Come say hello!
- Where: Interactivity Board Game Cafe, 723 Yates Street
- When: Sunday March 8th, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Cost: $16
Buckets, reusable bags and gloves but bring your own in case they run out! Snacks will be provided so bring your own mug/bowl! Snacks will be provided.
- Where: French Beach, Sooke
- When: Sunday March 8th, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
In celebration of International Women’s Day is The Ladies of Leisure Comedy Show at The Mint Restaurant. You have three professional comedians: Jane Stanton and Katie-Ellen Humpfries.
- Where: The Mint, 1414 Douglas Street
- When: Sunday March 8th, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Cost: $15
Let us know of other events happening around town this weekend in the comment section below!