As of March 20th, the Town of Sidney has announced they are closing all municipal playgrounds until further notice.
The Town has said they are taking this action to protect public health and to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Despite this, municipal parks will remain open – and although Sidney is encouraging residents to continue to enjoy the local parks and natural areas, they ask people do so while also maintaining appropriate social distance from others – two meters or six feet.
The Town of Sidney has also closed several public facilities amid the coronavirus pandemic, which are as follows:
- Town of Sidney Municipal Buildings (public access restricted)
- Sidney/North Saanich RCMP (public access restricted)
- ArtSea Gallery
- Greenglade Community Centre
- Mary Winspear Centre
- Panorama Recreation Centre
- SHOAL Centre
- Sidney/North Saanich Library
- Sidney Museum
- Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
- Sidney Visitor Centre
- Pat Bay Visitor Centre