After years of searching for the perfect place, the Victoria Humane Society has now found a permanent fixture to house their animals in need.
In a Facebook post last week, the society announced that they had secured the spot which will allow them to “bring in more animals in need of help, assess their needs before placing in foster care and have a place where volunteers and adopters can meet.”
The organization, which operates entirely through donations, gathered online or through fundraising initiatives, provides shelter and rehabilitation for animals who have been rescued from hoarding situations, or those who come from remote communities with no access to medical care.
Currently, the animals are housed in foster homes while they wait to be adopted and go to their forever homes.
They are currently looking for donations of goods and services to help get their new digs up and running, including the following:
- drywall repair
- floor layer
- surveillance camera person to set up security system
- computer person to set up office
- paint and primer
- counter tops
- laminate or vinyl floor and probably subfloor (800 feet?)
- 2 smart TV’s
- computer system
- commercial size washer and gas dryer
- stackable washer and dryer electric
- used comfy leather couches
- washable used quilts
- 10′ x 10′ dog kennels (Costco has good ones)